E9.1 Integrating E1 with external WMS

MonsterCable

Has anyone integrated E1 with external WMS software? Looking for any feedback, comments, lessons learned, etc.

Anything would be helpful.

Thanks.

Hi there, I did so a few years ago. For transaction to be sent to WMS....I had table triggers, or application mods, or UBEs that insert records into custom tables, that each contained the necessary fields for the given transition. Boomi would then periodically read the custom tables and send the transaction to the WMS system.

For transactions coming in from WMS, we had Boomi insert records into other custom tables that at each contained the necessary fields for the given transition. Some of transactions Boomi would insert records directly into the EDI tables or Z tables. I would write processes to use JDE's existing EDI processes or Z processes to create the transactions in JDE. For instance the EDI 850 process to create sales orders, EDI 860 process to update sales orders. If I couldn't find an EDI process, then I would look for a Z process. Good luck.

You're on 9.2?
I'd be all over your Orchestration Studio for this request into and out of E1

ATM I am running a few UBEs over F4111 looking at various DCTs for stock in and out of E1 (WOs POs in, SO out) and creating various F47 or custom feeds out. If you need rapid interactions, look at the Orch studio

In my company we are implemented JDE WMS Standard Module. But if you want to integrate a external WMS you need probably use services (Soap with BSSV, or Rest with orchestrator), database dblink, files, etc. What you need? Ask your provider.
Regards.

In my company we are implemented JDE WMS Standard Module. But if you want to integrate a external WMS you need probably use services (Soap with BSSV, or Rest with orchestrator), database dblink, files, etc. What you need? Ask your provider.
Regards.
We're still very much at the discovery phase of the project and are struggling with the idea of what future integrations look like as we replace more of our old, dated, and on prem applications with SaaS.

What we're trying to figure out is if the future of integrations will be REST or if fanfare for Orchestrator is overblown and that BSSV/SOAP isn't technical debt. It feels like if we put the time, effort, and resources into BSSV/SOAP then it might be technical debt (which we're trying to avoid). But we're not sure. So hoping to see what others are doing.

We're also planning to migrate our infrastructure to the cloud OCI E1 SaaS or PaaS or re-platform to Windows off of IBMi; with that said, does it matter if we go with REST or SOAP?

Do NOT use BSSV to call warehousing BSFNs in E1. Absolute bag of rubbish :)
If you get an error, it rollsback the transactions it's decided to link (DConnector) to it's session (not all - so your cardex records may stay but the stock not change/move etc) and the end user may not get any error message back at all, as usually the VO response for an error is not sent, its in the message part. If the caller doesn't understand this you'll have headaches.

BSSV for me is meant for simple things that hardly error, like whats my address based on a post code, or wheres my parcel based on a tracking ID.
It is not suited to complex warehouse operations that can error for a whole host of reasons.

just my 2c

Last edited:
Back