Installation of Update 2

AntonUsanov

[ñïîê]

Hello, list.
Can you help me to install Update 2.
Our customer's got Deployment Server: OneWorld Xe, SP 16.1, OS Windows 2000 Advanced Server + SP 2.
He installed jd12860 and executed special instructions for SAR 4533357
Earlier he installed Update 2 into PY7333. And he want to install Update 2 into DV7333 now. When he run Application Software Update, select environment DV7333 (backup: No, unattended: No) error message appears in jde.log:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries - SQLSTATE: 23000

When Update 2 was previously installed into one environment, then installation process copy records from tables XU2.mdb into jdeb7.mdb. If record is already exist in PLANNER table then process try delete that record and then insert it. Some record's got in fields content symbol "(" and then con not be deleted. Then recjrd can not be inserted - error appears.
Same result was on Windows NT4 Server. Same result was when customer do all special instruction for 12860 (and 14838).
How should he install Update 2?
1. Update 2 must be installed into all necessary environments in one operation?
2. How may our customer install Update 2 in this case?

Thank.

Anton :

I only install Xe Updates on a single environment, and then I either
promote the Update project or copy the whole source environment to my
destination.
Nevertheless, you shouldn't have trouble installing Update 2 on a
second environment.
By the way, are you able to install any other ESU on two environments?
If you can't, then your Planner Access database may be faulty.

Yours, Sebastian Sajaroff

Did he apply the Planner ESU after he installed Update 2 to PY ans is the Planner ESU applied to all env.

I am on pdate 2 but it's been a long time since I applied it...I had ho issues appluing to all 3 path codes.

Make sure all the Env's. are all updated with the planner ESU first. Then try applying it to DEV again.

Re: RE: Installation of Update 2

Sebastian:

Other ESU may by installed successfuly. This problem only with Update 2. I think that problem appears because OneWorld can't delete some existing records from Access database, i.e. jdedebug.log:
DELETE FROM F9000 WHERE ( TMTASKID = '97309665100000-êáãï(ì àå¢-åååáãäàááá' )
INSERT INTO F9000 VALUES ('97309665100000-êáãï(ì àå¢-åååáãäàááá','RBM023217 etc.
The symbol "(" in middle of field contents is cause that OneWorld can't delete this record and then can't insert duplicate record.
How can eliminate errors in this case? I try empty same tables in jdeb7.mdb (F9000 and same other)

He earlier applying Planner ESU (12860) into all environments. He applying Update 2 into PY7333. He doesn't install Planner ESU again after applying into PY7333. Then he trying install Update 2 into DV7333 - error appears. He restoring backup (Update 2 was install into PY7333 already), installing New PLanner ESU (14838). Then he trying install Update 2 into DV7333 again - error appears.
Other Customesr, who install Update 2 into all neccessary environments at once, haven't that problem.

Back