Installation of JDE fat client

SMMM

I have installed JDE client (tools 8.97 apps 8.12) on a windows XP machine. When I try to login to any environment, I am getting an error message "table F98MOQUE not found". Am I missing something? Can someone summarize the steps involved. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, you're obviously missing table F98MOQUE.
Log to your Deployment Server on DEP* environment then
try to open table F98MOQUE via UTB. Does it work?
If so, take note of its Data Source and modify
your FAT environments correspondingly.

Sebastian

I have run into an issue similar to this and the only way I was able to "fix" the problem was by re-imaging the PC and installing JDE on it again. I have yet to figure out why it took a complete reinstall to fix the problem.

Thanks. I will try to reinstall and see how it works. Do I need to deploy any packages to the fat client after installing the client?

Yes, after reinstalling the PC, you will need to load at least a full package on the client. No need to load any additional updates. At that point, it will either work, or you will get the same error again.

In our case, we found this was caused by the Sophos Anti-Virus program that was running on the machines. It was preventing the installation from completing. We temporarily disabled the Anti-Virus service and ran then install again.

try to attach the spec file which comes with the package (pathcode/spec/*.mdf on your client)

Back