Incorrect commitment

Jasin

Hi Everyone!
I setup item availability in the branch/plant constants. I entry sales order. The a quantity ordered 15 pieces and from the item 10 pieces the available quantity. Ordering on a row comes into existence 10 pieces of the shipped and 5 pieces of backordered. It F41021 commitment the 10 pieces and writes the backordered. This is good in this manner.
If I modify the sales order shipped quantity 9 pieces and 6 pieces the backordered, then don’t change the F41021 PCOM field value. So the item availability turn out incorrect.

Hi,

Have you tried running R42995 (Repost Active Sales Orders)?

Hope this helps.

Tank you for the fast answer!
Yes, really result this single case. But this function unfortunately continuous.
This is normal functionality? It is not possible to run a repost report with each single occasion.
I am at a loss unfortunately!

Hi,

It is really hard for me to answer your question without knowing your business process/requirements (also your platform and version)...There are a couple of ways to setup inventory commitments to sales, i would suggest you first look up myoracle support knowledge base document:

E1: 42: Inventory Commitments In Sales (R42995/P4210/P42101/R42118/P42117/R42520) [ID 625559.1]

Hope this helps.

The reason there is a repost program is that there are bugs in the commitment process. However, if you can replicate your problem, you should report it to JDE/Oracle as a bug and it will be fixed. The repost exists because it is virtually impossible to fix every bug without breaking something else in commitments. At least that is the official story.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason there is a repost program is that there are bugs in the commitment process.

[/ QUOTE ] I tend to disagree with Andy on this one. Whereas the Repost application may resolve any "bugs" in committments, it's primary function is to facilitate the flexibility for Manufacturing and Distribution groups to realign hard committments when forced to react with the unexpected deviations in day to day business where requirements and fulfillment plans are subject to change.

Back