Inbound 852 Inventory Adjustment Errors

UncleBob

We are setting up to receive product activity data from a trading partner via 852s. The are sending us the quantity sold values which we are using to create inventory adjustments via batch processing. As recommended by the JDE documentation, I am attempting to use negative values to create negative adjustment (decrease inventory) records in file F47122. However, when I run P47121 to batch process I get the following cryptic error message for each negative quantity line:

.001 16EDLN - Line Number
0855 Quantity Invalid

If I change the quantity to a positive value the line will process without issue, however the inventory will adjust upwards and not downwards as I desire.
Curiously, the first test file moved in fine with negatives but all subsequent files have failed. I have contacted tech support to no avail. Any suggestions?

TIA,

Giles Pretty

Hi Giles,

On your subsequent tests, would you be driving the inventory negative (ie on
hand 1, adjust by -2 drives on hand to -1)?

If this is the case, there are a couple of things you can look at.

1. I believe there is a system setting that specifies whether or not
inventory is allowed to go negative.
2. Check the processing options on the P47121 and R47121. I believe
there is a processing options that lets you specify whether to allow
negative inventories.

We had a similar situation here, where we had the system set to allow
negative inventories, but one of the versions was set to not allow negative
inventories. We would get the quantity invalid message when we ran that
particular message.

Good Luck,

Check the PACD (Product Activity Code) column on the F47122, if it is 'QR' then you cannot supply negative values there. Change this values to 'QS' or some pointing to negative.

If you pass the positive quantities in F47122 with 'QS' in PACD then system will convert that value to negative and you can se in the P47120 application once your batch is processed.

hope this helps.

Hi,

it is actually the UDC table 47/PA, associated with alias PACD, in the first position of description2 (DL02) that defines whether the quantity will be positive or negative. There is a document on the KG called ODS-03-0004 which describes the batch edit process quite well.

I have recently just worked with R47121 a lot and it works fine in Xe base.

Regards

Andrew Holder

Back