Importing of Orders

rwellsw

I am trying to import orders into JDE. I have given up on the RUNUBE F47011 on the AS/400 and am considering the following.

Can anyone tell me if I am truly crazy or would this work?

I am going to create the F4201Z and F4211Z and then write a record to the F0041Z1 file. Then call from the AS/400 using the RUNUBE F4210Z. The creation of all 3 files will be done on the AS/400 using RPG. This comes from the store and forward information.

Will this work or will I run into the same problems as I had with the F47011?

Any othe suggestions to automaticly get a large number of orders into JDE from the AS/400?

Thanks
Roger

I think the same issue exists for the R47011, R4210Z, and R40211Z,
which is the link to P4210, the dreaded interactive sales order entry.

You could, in theory, write an RPG to populate 4201 and 4211 with
the absolute minimum # of fields that JDE requires for an order to
process. You would lose a LOT of what the regular P4210 does
and it would require a bit of effort and solid testing.

You'd need F4210, F4211, F002, F0101, F005, F4101, and others.

Gene Piekarski, Jr

AS/400, B733, SP11.2, NT client

Roger,
I'm going to make some assumptions here (where is your system configuration?). You are:
1- running B732x;
2- trying to convert (upload & generate) Sales Orders
Well, there are a bunch of SARs to be applied to P4004Z & R40211Z, in order to make them run properly :)
and it was pretty doable the full conversion (you say importing) process, I mean I used/populated the already existing F4001Z & F4011Z tables first, then the F0041Z1 table and finally, I ran the R40211Z, and voila, my SOrders are in place, ready to be printed.
Sorry but I don't use AS/400 :(

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: Xe SP15, Oracle 8i
RS/6000, Citrix

Roger,

I hope you have seen my other post on your RUNUBE issue.

R47011 and R40211Z are NOT "interactive" versions.

There is a HUGE misconception that because a UBE takes a version from an interactive application as a PO that this classifies it as an "interactive" version.

An interactive version is defined as a UBE that is started from an interactive application and needs values passed to the UBE through the interconnect variables.

If you can run a UBE from batch versions, then it is NOT an interactive version.

If you need to change the processing options and/or data selection every time you want to run the UBE, then you can not use RUNUBE.

Dave

I don't understand this.

Can't you simply change the PO and selection criteria from a phat client and do a "spec only" submit of the version? We do this here and the next time runube launches the UBE and version it sees the changes.

David D. Helsley, Inc.
Independent IT Consultant
[email protected]

Dave,

>>>Can't you simply change the PO and selection criteria from a phat client and do a "spec only" submit of the version? We do this here and the next time runube launches the UBE and version it sees the changes.<<

Sure, that works and we do it all the time.

The issue here is that RUNUBE support has been curtailed somewhat. See document oti-01-0029 on the knowledge garden (Search for RUNUBE under knowledge). This document leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

There is a statement in that document that GSS does not support "Interactive Versions", however there is no definition of what is and is not an interactive version. The misconception that has started is if a UBE has a Processing Option to specify the Processing Option on an Interactive Version, i.e. in these cases versions of P4210, it is an "Interactive Version". This is NOT true.

Gene stated that "I think the same issue exists for the R47011, R4210Z, and R40211Z, which is the link to P4210, the dreaded interactive sales order entry." These UBEs are NOT "Interactive Versions".

GSS has told me that if you can run a UBE from Batch Versions, it is NOT an "Interactive Version" and this holds true for these jobs.

So Roger is trying to find an alternative to R47011 but there is no need to. I have an issue with R47071 after applying SP 15 that I was originally informed was an "Interactive Version". Now that I and suppoert have finally agreed that this is not an interactive version, I am getting support for my issue. SAR 5128821 has been issued for SP 16... Which we won't get till June...

My statment "If you need to change the processing options and/or data selection every time you want to run the UBE, then you can not use RUNUBE." maybe wasn't that clear and I apologize for that. You can not change processing options and data selection with RUNUBE, but you are correct that if you submit the specs from a phat client, RUNUBE will use those settings.

Regards,

Dave

I looked for your SAR in the kg but could not find it. Maybe I did not look in the right place. (SAR5128821)

I wanted to see what JDE said. Maybe it will be worth the wait because R47011 is what I want to use.

Did I get the right number?

Roger

SAR 5128821 is not scheduled to be available until SP16. If you search on
it, you should come up with several SARs that are related to it.
SAR 5132192, 5127748, 5127781, 5127799

Roger,

Searching for the SAR in the knowledge garden now gets some hits as Brian mentioned in his reply to you. No hits on it yesterday. I understand that there may be a one-off SP that will fix this problem with RUNUBE in the next couple of days. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Dave

Back