• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Import from Excel do not work in Server but works locally

Rauf

VIP Member
I have one custom application with editable grid.
When I import from Excel, after pressing the "continue" button, the web page shows the progress bar and hangs forever. Attached the screenshot. But it has no issue when I run locally. I confirmed that all the related objects are deployed to server. When I checked the JAS log, I see the below text.

How can I find the root cause for this issue as I cannot re-produce it in local web client.

Code:
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,474 [WARN  ] MRAUF - [RUNTIME]         *ERROR* CallObject@20258589: COSE#1000 Request timeout: timeout after 270000ms host OUR_SERVER:6014(1138) SocID:1172 PID:5920 BSFN:IsColumnInTeamFileF59TC090 user:MRAUF Env:JPD812 
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,474 [WARN  ] MRAUF - [RUNTIME]         *ERROR* CallObject@20258589: The business function being executed is causing a problem user:MRAUF Env:JPD812 
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,474 [SEVERE] MRAUF - [RUNTIME]         OWFormatValidator.callDDFormatProc receives JASServiceException: BFName= com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.EditRuleException
com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.EditRuleException
	at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.callRule(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.callEditRule(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.OWFormatValidator.callDDEditProc(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.OWFormatValidator.applyEditRules(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.OWFormatValidator.formatAndValidateInternalValue(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.system.lib.dataformat.OWFormatValidator.formatAndValidateInternalValue(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.GridEngine.leaveColumn(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.GridEngine.rowExited(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGridFocusManager.setCurrentCell(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGridFocusManager.setFocus(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGrid.onCellClick(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGrid.onCellClick(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTImportGrid.processImportData(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTImportGrid.processOkEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTImportGrid.processVirtualEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.processVTEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.processEventLoop(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.showWindow(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTGrid.processVirtualEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.grid.VTFormGrid.processVirtualEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.showWindow(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.startForm(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.FormInterconnectStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.StatementBlock.execute(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.ERModule.executeEventRules(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.form.FormEngine.doEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.form.VTForm.doEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.engine.ButtonEngine.onClick(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.VTHyperMenuExit.sysPressButton(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.VTHyperMenuExit.onClick(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.VTHyperMenuExit.processVirtualEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.run(Unknown Source)
	at com.jdedwards.base.util.ThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,536 [SEVERE] MRAUF - [KERNEL]          *ERROR* Associated kernel 5920 not found  host OUR_SERVER:6014(1138) SocID:1172, freeLocal 
14 Jan 2020 17:23:45,536 [WARN  ] MRAUF - [RUNTIME]         *ERROR* CallObject@6155441f: COSE#1017 Associated kernel not found. Please see Enterprise Server log for details:  host OUR_SERVER:6014(1138) SocID:1172 PID:5920 BSFN:IsColumnInAddressBook user:MRAUF Env:JPD812

Attachments

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Check you enterprise server COK logs. Looks like your edit function, IsColumnInTeamFileF59TC090, is having an issue.

Craig

jdedwardsuser

How many rows are you trying to import ? How many columns per row ? Have you customised grid format to make sure only those columns are there which you absolutely need ? Have you tried with lesser # of rows . There are some jas setting on enterprise server for grid imports , limits , timeouts etc . You need to check this with your system admin too .

Rauf

VIP Member
Yes Craig. I was thinking in the same way. Please also note the last line showing error in IsColumnInAddressBook. But how come a standard function in error while it works on all other screens.

Meanwhile, what is the term 'COK' stands for. And where I can find those log files in the server.

Last edited:

Rauf

VIP Member
jdedwardsuser

1 row and 1 column only ( already shown in the attachment )

Last edited:

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
COK is "call object kernel". It's the process on the enterprise server that runs the business functions attached to a user session. The latter functions in your session could fail because something before it caused a problem. You can find the logs using server manager, but now looking at your release, you may have to dig into the server file system log directory.

Rauf

VIP Member
I did not much investigate on the logs as my version is too old.
Instead I have solved the issue by disabling the 'Edit' function on the data item and moved the 'Edit' function to 'Col Exited' event.
Now it works fine.