Implications of changing a Business unit's company number

libu

Implications of changing a Business unit\'s company number

Hi,
We are planning on spinning off one of our divisions into a separate company within the organization.

Can we create a new company, and change the company# in the BU Master to point to the new company.

Oracle recommends that we run programs such as P097041,P097031 and P097021 to get the F0901,2 and F0911 in sync. I guess we also need to update the company number in various transactional files.

Concern:
I'd like to know the impact on Integrity reports. For example, we currently have the A/R Trade account post to account 1500.1310. When the invoice is paid via a check, the system updates the A/R Trade account and the Bank Account.

If 1500.1310 had belonged to another company, the system would have booked it via an intercompany account. With this conversion, there would be no intercompany trade account.

Has anyone changed the company number of a BU? I would appreciate any comments/insights to help us out.

Thank you,

Libu.

Re: Implications of changing a Business unit\'s company number

Hi Libu,
We undertook this process recently. In addition to Oracle's recommendations, after changing company number:
- Run R09706 - as this will show multiple batches now out of balance by offsetting amount in each company. Print trial balance by Co. to find out the out-of-balance amount (R097001).You can then put in an adjustment journal through P0911 with Intercompany settlement temporarily set to '*' in GA constants. Use a SQL statement to change the batch headers to not show in R09706.
F0011.ICIBOI = 'N'
- Run R09706 report - now shows batches with adjustment journals as out of balance. Use SQL statement to change the batch headers to not show in R09706.
F0011.ICIBOI = 'N'
- Also, you may need to update F12141 (Disposal Account Rules), F12002 (Depreciation Defaults). Then run R12802_FIN0001 (Fixed Assets (F/A) Updt Co#, BU/Obj/Sub - F1202) to update the F1202

Hope this helps,
COCO

Re: Implications of changing a Business unit\'s company number

Thanks coco. That really helps. I'm planning on testing it out in DV.

Back