Implementation Design

Narendra Gupta

Hi,
i am new to JDE OneWorld.i want to know in case of 2-tier design workstation handles the business logic, presentation logic and batch & report processing.if business function is executed at workstation then how enterprise come to know about the changes made at workstation.

Thanks
Narendra

Hi,

Your question needs some clarification...
If you ask about code changes, they're distributed via
package deployment on both servers and workstations.

In a 2 tier design the "other" tier is where the data is held. The workstation will fetch the data from this other tier - the database - and act on it. That is it may display it or perform some processing on it or allow a user to update it. If the processing is merely for display (to simplify greatly) that's the end of it. If th eprocessing chnages the data it will be written back to the other tier, the database, by the workstation.

All the workstations use the same database so they all (the enterprise) know about the changes made by other workstations.

In practice of course there's a lot more going on than that.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.
I got some idea that if the processing change the data it will be written back to database by the workstations. so consistency is maintained if the condition is like same business function is updated by more then two workstations then how the changes will be made on the other server(enterprise server).Actually I have some confusion about the flow, How all the processing is done in the 2-tier design.

Thanks
Narendra

Back