I'm trying to use a Pay Code as a Basis of Calc on an accrual - Any Suggestions?

Chuck Bear

I\'m trying to use a Pay Code as a Basis of Calc on an accrual - Any Suggestions?

I need to know if I can do the above ??

Basically, we have been using One Time Overrides to upload time for employee's Comp Time Earned (PDBA=5530). The employee uses code 700 for Comp Time Used.

We are in the process of testing Employee Time Entry for a group of about 75 employees. Everything is progressing nicely, but one of the pressing problems we have is that for those that earn Comp Time, we have to upload that time through One Time Overrides.

I would like to be able to use a Pay Type (through Time Entry, say, code 790) to be used as the Basis of Calc for the 5530. If an employee enters code 790, ideally, that would add the hours for that code to the accrual on 5530.

It sounds like it would work in theory, (similar to our sick/annual accruals, but no tables required, or is there?) but have not been able to get it working. The 790 data would have no effect on gross or net, but should display on the pay stub. This part works (well, it displays the rate, but that is minor for now), but the amount on the accrual, 5530, is not incremented.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: I\'m trying to use a Pay Code as a Basis of Calc on an accrual - Any Suggestions?

Hi Chuck,
I believe we have the setup you describe for Comp Time.
Employee enters Comp Earned (Pay Type 901). We then have 8900 Comp Available set up as an Accrual DBA, with Basis of Calc set to pay type 901. Its method of calculation is 2; the table code we set up is 00901. Table type = D, table method = SH. Lower limit = 0, upper limit = 9999999.99 with Amt/Rate = 1.5. During prepayroll, 8900 looks at 901 and multiplies it by 1.5. We then have pay type 201 = Comp Used.
I can provide screenshots or additional info if needed, just let me know!
Or, if you will be at Collaborate, find me in the JDE E1 HCM SIG meeting - I am the current president
smile.gif

Re: I\'m trying to use a Pay Code as a Basis of Calc on an accrual - Any Suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions Sarah, the Table Method we used was different. But unfortunately, it is still not coming through correctly (or at least what I am expecting, which could be part of the problem :) ).
I am attaching a word doc with print screens. I would appreciate any comments.
(We are not going to be at Collaborate, but appreciate the offer.)

Hi Chuck,
I'm working on the screenshots for you, but I think your issue is that you don't have the Amount Rate 1 filled in on your Accrual DBA. Enter 1.000 in the Amount Rate 1 on DBA 5530, and run your test again. Let me know; I'll still put together screenshots of my setup and a test run for you.
- Sarah

Screenshots of setup and testing attached.

Attachments

• 187552-Comp_Accrual_042314.doc
    246.5 KB · Views: 20

Thanks again Sarah.
I used your screen caps and did a refresh in our DV system to set up just like your examples. but am still not getting the results (at least up to checking the DBA Detail. I will probably go ahead and post through Final but am not optimistic.

Do you know of any parameters that I might control this? Or could it be that with 8.12, this is just not functional? (We are upgrading to 9.x but aren't there yet.)

Any ideas are greatly appreciated and thank you again.

Attachments

• 187680-CompEarned_20140501.doc
    881.5 KB · Views: 8

Sorry for the delay. Let me check a few more things and I will get back to you.

I have another thought - On the Advanced DBA Info, do you have the check box for "Calculate for All Employees" checked? If not, the Accrual DBA would have to be in the affected employees EE DBA Instructions to calculate. Try this and let me know...we will get it fixed for you!

Attachments

• 187851-PDBA8900.doc
    187.5 KB · Views: 7

Sarah,

I think you are a mind reader. I signed in to update the thread here. Last night, I was talking to a resource we have used before and that was the exact thing she recommended. I ran a quick test and it appears to work for us.

I was able to see the actual accrual code incremented by the amount entered on the pay code. I am running a full test (through Final) to verify, but am confident this will work now. When I met with our city manager on Wednesday, I told him it will probably end up being something like a simple check box but that we would get it working. I'll be glad to report to him that it is working.

I truly appreciate your help on this. It's great to see this community work the way it should. Thanks again!!

Back