How to transfer objects from one machine to another using .par file or save locations

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
I need to Save/Restore the objects under a project. How can I do it ?
I cannot do check-in/get because the second PC is not connected to server.
I heard it can be done using .par file but how ?
I checked Object Management Configuration(P98230) but still could not save to a folder
frown.gif

Re: How to transfer objects from one machine to another using .par file or save locations

I see you're on 8.12. So you should be able to save a project to .par. In OMW, highlight the project, and click the 'Save' button (Right beneath the 'Design' button). Select 'Yes' to save as zip. You'll end up with a .par file, which you can then place on your target machine. Then, in OMW, click 'Restore' button.

Re: How to transfer objects from one machine to another using .par file or save locations

Hi,
Check jde.ini settings
[METADATA]
OMWZIP=1

Yes. You are right.
But I can save only Business Views.

Make sure your OMC settings (P98230->Allowed Actions) allow your role to save all types of objects.

Attachments

• 188265-Capture.PNG
    188265-Capture.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 58

Thanks. It worked for objects except tables.
I checked the log after saving the table F59LC01

Final source and target record counts do not match for object F59LC01 and table JDESPECTYPE_DDCLMN.

I tried after clearing local specs folder(c:\e812\DV812\spec\). But still the error persist.

Back