How to show a message in JDE login page?

apndy

In month-end, we are not let all JDE users login JDE, set user status to disable. we also send eamil to all JDE user, notify them don't access JDE during month-end.
but them not see the email, always complain about it. We only let finance user to access JDE.

I want to show a message in JDE login page at month-end. Do you have the same issue? please advise. thank you.

The text of the login page is controlled by the html4login.jsp file. There are several different things you could add to the file that could notify your users (javascript alert, iframe, etc.).

Thank you very much, Stewart

we can notify user by change html4login.jsp, and change back after month-end. we have 4 web servers, it's a hard work to chagne these.

Are there any easy way? it's better if we can do it in server manager. thank you.

Apndy,

This is what I do:

html4login.jsp extract:
// Change JAS.INI value [OWWEB] LargeLoginImage to change company logo

// JDE-specific String resources (see below for translation)
String legalInfoLabel = "tbd";
String legalInfoJavaScript = "tbd";
String copyrightText = "tbd";

com.peoplesoft.e1.container.MafletResourceUrlBuilder resourceUrlBuilder;
String companyDisclaimerHTML = "";
// modify this variable's value if you want to add your own company disclaimer text
String companyDisclaimerCustom = "";

%>
<%@ include file="CustomAnnouncement.jsp" %>

The CustomAnnouncement.jsp exists in the same directory as the html...jsp file. and contains one line:

<% companyDisclaimerCustom = "<B><font color=red>JDE will be unavailable from xxxx to yyyy</font></B>"; %>

We maintain only the customannoucnement.jsp file and push it to the proper directories.

Tom

Great idea, Tom! I like the idea having a single file to maintain.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to revive this thread to ask a related question. Customizing the logo on the login screen. I know this is fairly easily done by replacing the oracle_logo.png file with your own file with the same name ( and same dimensions to avoid image distortion) . The problem is that the image dimensions are 119 x 25 pixels and most company logos do not scale well to fit in these specifications (especially the height of 25 pixels)

As listed in Tom's post above there is some mention of some INI parameter to change to a larger logo. I could not find any such setting in the JAS.INI. May be it has to be added ? Has anyone played around this or had any luck doing this ? I want to do this on a 9.0 Apps / 9.1 tools or higher system

html4login.jsp extract:

Thanks in advance

Just an update for 9.2 tools you need to do this in the <agent home>\SCFHA\targets\<webInstance>\owl_deployment\webclient.ear\app\webclient.war\share directory

Yep, JDE re-copies the entire folder into WebLogic folder structure on every restart. But it's not just 9.2, it's been around a while, from 9.1.5 onwards at least. There's also a local cache folder in the WebLogic structure than can bite you in the back, so it's advisable to clear that too if you are making any changes.

Alex, In my 9.1.5.3 instance it doesn't seem to copy the folders, your right on clearing the cache, but I just kind of figured that was implied. You have to clear the browser too, which I also figured was implied.

You can use Disable log in feature on the on the Webinstance to lock down your JAS Server and display a warning message saying the system will be unavailable between a particular time.

JASCapture.JPG

Hi all,

I'm reviving this topic since I'm also having problems with the disclaimer text in version 9.0. I have modified html4login.jsp in both directories:

C:\JDE_HOME\targets
C:\oracle\Middleware

<%!boolean smallScreen = false;
boolean isIOS = false;

// JDE-specific String resources (see below for translation)
String legalInfoLabel = "tbd";
String legalInfoJavaScript = "tbd";
String copyrightText = "tbd";

com.peoplesoft.e1.container.MafletResourceUrlBuilder resourceUrlBuilder;
// modify this variable's value if you want to add your own company disclaimer text
String companyDisclaimerHTML = "Warning: Use of this System is Restricted to Authorized Users";
%>

Tried everything, cleared cache, rebooted server, cleaned IE history but still the same... Can anyone please help???

Just to reiterate what Alex had talked about earlier, the weblogic cache can burn you. This is the typical "clear cache" that you do from Server Manager.

1) Shut down your Weblogic Server.
2) Delete the contents in the folder ORACLE_HOME/user_projects/domains/your_domain/servers/your_server/tmp. (Obviously this will vary with naming)
3) Re-start your Weblogic Server.

Back