E9.1 How to setup Mfg completion to go in a specified Lot status on every completion for that Lot

jigarmehta

We have a scenario where in we need that after each completion of WO or an IC transaction the lot should go on a default lot status as specified in P41026

I have set up P41026 for a item to go on Lot status as T.

We have partial completion scenario , so once the IC is done for the first time and a new Lot number is generated say 12345 than as per setup the Lot status T is populated on P31114 screen and the Lot goes on hold and Lot status is set to T for that lot. F41021 pqoh is updated but Quantity available is blank (greyed) due to Lot status as T

Quality person will check the lot physically and if found OK they will remove the Lot status from T to Blank , and now F41021 quantity availabe is back.

After few days we do an IC completion for the same Lot but now the Lot status does not get populated with T as per setup in P41026.

Any idea or help would be appreciated since we need that the second completion should also go on hold as it would also be physically inspected and then release by Quality.

I understand we do have a Lot status option where we can enter the Lot status in P31114 but that would be manual control and user can forget it.

We are using 9.1

Dears,
looks like your QA people have not done things right.
When remove the status it does not go to P41026/W41026A, instead should go P41024/W41024A (Row Exit Location Revision from W41026E) to remove the status, or from P4108/W4108C to remove the status. Either way will not hamper your T status in P41026/F4102 and you will always get T with you 2nd completion.
Regards,
John

Dears,
looks like your QA people have not done things right.
When remove the status it does not go to P41026/W41026A, instead should go P41024/W41024A (Row Exit Location Revision from W41026E) to remove the status, or from P4108/W4108C to remove the status. Either way will not hamper your T status in P41026/F4102 and you will always get T with you 2nd completion.
Regards,
John
Hi John,

Thanks for the information

I tried doing the same as stated above but since the second completion is also getting completed in the same Lot/Location it is not going again into T status again
Just for you overview
First completion happens in say Location ABC , Lot no 123 the status goes into T based on P41026 setup
QC will inspect the goods and remove the T status
Goods will get transferred to another location say XYZ
Now after few days a second completion happens in the same Location and Lot - ABC - 123 but this item the T status is not populated by default on the IC completion screen (P31114)...

Am i missing something in the setup or processing options ??

Please advise

Hi John,

Thanks for the information

I tried doing the same as stated above but since the second completion is also getting completed in the same Lot/Location it is not going again into T status again
Just for you overview
First completion happens in say Location ABC , Lot no 123 the status goes into T based on P41026 setup
QC will inspect the goods and remove the T status
Goods will get transferred to another location say XYZ
Now after few days a second completion happens in the same Location and Lot - ABC - 123 but this item the T status is not populated by default on the IC completion screen (P31114)...

Am i missing something in the setup or processing options ??

Please advise
Yes you are correct if goes to the same lot/location then the status code will not be there (since QA remove it already).
In your case I will think if the receipt routing should be applied to your manufacturing items. The RR is not status related but should work for your scenarios. Any completion will get into receipt routing with the INSP code (can be configured to others), and after QA people done their job then move to STK code with the true locations involved.

Regards,
John

Yes you are correct if goes to the same lot/location then the status code will not be there (since QA remove it already).
In your case I will think if the receipt routing should be applied to your manufacturing items. The RR is not status related but should work for your scenarios. Any completion will get into receipt routing with the INSP code (can be configured to others), and after QA people done their job then move to STK code with the true locations involved.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

Have tried that also but the issue we are facing is until the goods moves to STK , the cardex does not gets updated neither the WO shipped quantity gets updated....and QA will take their time depending on the item class for QC clearance..
Till then the production does not have any clue on the Scheduling work bench about the exact Work order quantity open...

We have an option on manually puting the T status while completion but that will be user dependent and they might forget it conveniently or may be will have to try to have custom P31114 and forcefully apply the T status on each completion.

Let me discuss over here and move ahead.

Thanks

Back