How to set page number in ube interconnect to total pages

cowgirlup

How do I reset the runtime:pagenumber"
example I have a UBE that in the header section event 'DO' use the interconnect option for numerous(98)reports.
I want the page number to be the page number
in the string, 1st report 3 pages 2nd report 2 pages, the page number for the 1st page of the second report needs to be 4, not 1. This report string is used by the finance crowd and if they have ?'s they would like to directly to a page number in the string, not have to fumble thru find the report, by reading the titles, then the page in question.

Is there a way???
Thanks in advance for any help.

There's a BSFN B9800580 SetReportPageNumber, which can do your trick.
parameters to be passed are
Action Code -> I or C (I=Retrieve Current Pg No and C = Change)
Page Number -> Number retrieved/set

Get your Current page number from the Calling report, and pass it to the second report. Assign and start the page number from the RI value, for the called one.

Here's what I did?
in the ube that calls all the reports in the string I inserted prior to the start of calling the ube's the bsfn
b9800580/I -> page number
Then I went in to the template for the first ube and added the bsfn b9800580/c <- page number in the report header ini event, and did the same for the second ube. This isn't working? Pardon my ignorance here but is that what you meant by RI

You need to add a parameter to the report data structure for the reports that get called from the main UBE. Make it any math numeric variable...this will be used to pass the page number back and forth.

From your main UBE, call B9800580/I immediately before the FIRST call to the 'string' of reports that get called. Pass the value from the bsfn into the called report.

In the called UBE, call B9800580/C using the passed value (from the report interconnect) + 1. Do this at the very first opportunity (report header should be good). Then after all processing for your called report (in the 'end' section of your main section), call B9800580/I and return this value back to the main UBE via the report data structure parameter.

Now your main UBE will have the last page of the just-called ube. Pass this value into each subsequent ube you need to call in the 'string'...each time using the value passed back for the next ube in string.

Make sense?

I'd like to thank all those who assisted in this. Works like a charm! The only thing I would add and was a gotcha for me was I have text heading overrides in some of the versions, once I reset those to the template and then did the override all worked accordingly. Now the finance group thinks I'm a wizard!
smile.gif

Back