How to run R01010Z as Inbound Subsystem Job?

JDEAT

Hello,
I'd like to add address book records automaticaly from a third party app using the F0101Z2 file.
Since it should be done continously in the background I would like to run the R0101Z as a subsystem job. My idea is to fill up the F0101Z2 and insert a record in F986113. Does someone know how the F986113 record has to look like to process the inbound records from F0101Z2 with R01010Z?

thanks in advance

Dude, without getting too much into the technical detail, there are plenty of BSFN's out there that write a record to the F986113. You will have to create your own to do the same. The trick is to format the BLOB in the F986113 to match the data structure of the UBE that you are wanting to process.

To get started, just do a Find in Files search in Visual Studio for 'F986113' to find other BSFN's that write to the F986113 and see how they do it.

You can take this one step further and create your own UBE to stop the subsystem job. You just have to write a record to the F986113, but with some of the flags set differently. Check out the code behind the Work with Subsystem jobs program to see how it does it, or just use the app to end a subsystem job and check out the SQL in the debug log to see what is written to the F986113.

Good luck.
Dave
smile.gif

I know this is a very old post, but I am trying to accomplish this same thing without success. I have submitted the R01010Z as a subsystem job and it shows it is "Processing". Although, when I write a transaction to the F0101Z2 table, it never gets processed and I see no errors in Work Center. I have written to the same table and processed the job via the batch upload menu version with no problems. I can't seem to get the subsystem job to process though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As Dave mentioned above, you must also write a record with W status to the F986113 table. That will trigger the R01010Z to actually process. Up until then it is in P status, just polling the F986113 table. Within E1, this (i.e. creating the F986113 record) is done by calling the ubeReport_AddSubsystemRecord API. Outside of E1, you can insert directly to the F986113 table.

Hi,

i have written many subsystems since 2000, and there are a few gotchas.

Check that you have deployed your UBE to pathcode where the jde.ini is pointing the default. This is where the RI elements are picked up from.
Insert your record to F986113 (by BSFN ,sql or whatever) first and then release your UBE. The waiting 'W' record should be picked up and inherit the job number of the partent 'S' job.
Ensure that your polling time in UBE report properties is et ok (i think it defaults to 3000 ms).
On iseries always a good idea to remove the SQL packages of your UBE before testing, especially if DSTR has changed or UBE was previously non-subsystem.

If this still doesn't work then you'll need to put logging on server and check what the logs are saying although this will normally be a higer level issue with kernel job or other settings.

When this is working you know you are ok, the BSFN to create to insert the F986113 records is relatively simple to do and can be done afterwards.

Back