How to re-apply ESUs post Data Refresh to pick up Control Table changes?

JDE0101

Hey Guys,

We'rre performing a Data ONLY refresh from our production environment to one of our test environments and I am confused as to how we can re-run the "control table" merges for any ESUs that we need to apply after the re-fresh?

I would have thought in the ESU Aplpication you could simply uncheck the various merges but i dont see any obvious option.

Only document i found was on the Oracle site [ID 1149743.1] but this asks you so simply run the UDC merge manually via BV and makes no reference to Favourites/Workflow merges etc.

Can someione oyutline how best to perform this to ensure all ESU merges are re-applied post refresh???

ERP 9.0 / TR 8.98.3 / Iseries / WLS

So ... the reason you want to re-apply Control Table updates from ESU(s) is because those ESUs are still in testing in your test environment and haven't been promoted/applied to your production environment?

Hi,

If you use change assistant for applying ESU's there is an option to un check spec merge and check control table merge.

If you use standard JDE ESU applications, you need to run the UBE's individually in the planner environment eg the UDC merge report. Make sure the data selection is correct !

Hope this helps.

Joel

Yeah thats correct, we have loads of ESUs not in production and we want to ensure that post refresh they are evident.

We're not running CA so we'll just have to run each UBE manually with the valid D/S

Not ideal!

Have not tried this for ESUs , but works well during an upgrade workbench , but you can reset the status of the control table merge alone for the ESU and environment in question using the custom installation plan and then re-apply the ESU in attended workbench mode.

Back