How to make a grid read-only?

Andrew2009

Well Known Member
I have headerless detail form with a grid and a button. Here's what I want

1. After users upload (copy/paste) data into the grid using the Import Assistant screen, I don't want users to be able to update the data. Right now when I click on a record in the grid then it turns into an update mode. How do I make it so it's read-only

2. I have a button up on the top of the grid to process some logic when they select one or many records in the grid and click this button. If I make the grid read-only, it's still possible to do this functionality right?

Thanks

JDE 9.1

you can disable grid, import assistant work fine and you can continue implementing logical without problem but user cannot modify grid mannually.

Regards.

disable the update option in the properties of the grid. Also, select read only option in the properties of the grid.

When I disable the whole grid, I can't paste data into the import assistance

When I disable the whole grid, I can't paste data into the import assistance

It's very strange, I tested import from csv and clipboard Assitant Import without problem.

I'm thinking in another solution, you could disable current row and all columns in Row Exited & Change - Inline, so when the user copy & paste each row this is disabled and the user couldn't change. And this solution is better because the users could add more rows later. Try it and feedback us please.

Regards,
Alfre.

Back