How to load data from an XML file in to E1 8.12 tools 8.98

Muzaffar Ahmad

I know how to load data from a text file in to E1 using Table conversions but I dont know how to load data from an XML file. Please let me know if you have done this.
I have an XML file with sales orders from a customer that I want to load in to E1 and create sales order.

Thanks,
Muzaffar Ahmad
[email protected]

I'm not sure if you have this in 8.12 (I know it is in 9.0), but see if you can find R98403XB. This is used during the installation of Planner ESUs to load data from the ESU into E1 tables.

The only other obstacle I see is that the data needs to match the table structure of an existing E1 object.

I don't see R98403XB on my system.
We are on E1 8.12 tools 8.98.3.3.
My objective is to read an XML file containing a few fields like customer number, item number, quantity etc and create sales orders from it.

Thanks,
Muzaffar

I just checked, and it seems to be available only in 9.0. This should not necessarily stop you though.

If you can find a PC on which you can download and install the latest E1 9.0 StandAlone (the one with Update 2 already applied), you could take advantage of using the feature of creating a Zip file as the Save Location for an object.

- Save the R98403XB
- Transfer the resulting file to the "spec" directory of PC, i.e. C:\E812\DV812\spec if you will be logged into DV.
- From OMW, create a new UBE called R98403XB with the appropriate descriptions and usage codes to match the ones in 9.0.
- Do a Restore operation from OMW, and choose the file that you copied over.
- Examine the UBE in RDA. See if it fits your needs. If there are some other objects (like BSVW, DSTR, BSFN, etc.) that are needed, you can transfer those the same way.
- Take all due care to make sure you are not overwriting a messing up existing objects in 8.12.

Since you are already on Tools Release 8.98, the Save/Restore operation should run without problem.

Hi Muzaffar Ahmad,
I'm trying to import xml data into my E1 8.12 tables as you did before. I've read the answers you got but i can't find the way to use the business function B74XML01. It has a lot of modules and i don't know which one i must use. I suppose there's something similar to "Open, write, close" in flat flies.
I wonder if you finally found how to do it and if you could share the solution with me.
Thanks in advance.

Back