How to designate the anchor for alignment in RDA?

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEList,

Maybe be this is an ignorant question.

How can I designate the anchor for alignment of report elements when I draw a frame around more elements on a section in RDA to align up the elements to the anchor?

If my memory serves me well, once upon a time on B7321 SP(low) I was able to do it, because the last touched (dragged or OK-ed its properties) was the anchor.

I am now mainly interested in XE. Dragging and dummy mods doesn't work.

Could be the solution SP level dependent?

How do you accomplish this alignment tasks?
Do anybody know a trick?
(... or just I am dumb to it?)

Any answer will be welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltan,

To designate the anchor for alignment in RDA, select all the items you want to align (either with a box around them, or by holding down the CTRL key and selecting one at a time). Then hold down the CTRL key and select the item you want as the anchor. Go to Layout.Align and select the appropriate type of alignment you want. Good luck, and thank you for your many informative posts on the list.

Don Sauve
Wagstaff, Inc.
OW XE, SP15.1, HP-UX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.6

Zoltán,

Just a addition to Don's post (thank's Don):

The anchor CAN be in another section of the report. Wich make easier to align with the header that are into another section.

Christian

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Hi Don and Christian,

Thanks, thanks and thanks a lot!
I recently tried both hint and both works as a treat!

Maybe these techniques were trivial for expert RDA users but not for me. I amn't an RDA expert at all.

This new knowldege will make my life easier in the future.
Minor trick - major convenience and efficiency.

Thanks again both of you!

Regards,

Zoltán
P.S.1: Excuse me to reply you together but I have recently read Larry's Netiquette in preparation.
P.S.2: I do not know, are this tricks very well known for everybody except me but if not then Sef, would you please to create a copy of both hint in the Tips & Traps?

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back