How to define user's(logegd) environment?

oleg_d

How to define user\'s(logegd) environment?

Hi!
How to define environment, where users are logged on?

Thanks

Re: How to define user\'s(logegd) environment?

oleg_d,

I'm not entirely sure of what you want, but if you are asking how to find out which environment the user is logged on, it is contained in the system value SL LoginEnvironment

If you mean "where user's can log in"

You do it in security with the Form Exit "environments" Usually you apply to Roles or Users. If you define User Environment access it will overwrite all Role environments.

Peter,

Where do you find that system value? Is that in JAS?

Hi!
No, I mean that user is logged on, he is working now.
I want to know, which environment he's using.
And it's not for JAS environment, for usual.
Thanks

OlegD, Jerry,

The system value SL LoginEnvironment is available for use in Event Rules. So it can be used in an application or UBE.

If, however, what is required is for a user who is logged on to JDE to find out the environment in which he/she is working then:

1) For fat clients, ensure that the status bar is at the bottom of the screen (toggle on/off via View Menu). In the status bar, on the right, the User ID and Enviroment are displayed, along with other information. Another way is to use the On-Line Support Information application (P00890) and click the "Details" button at the bottom right of the window. This will display a window of information which include the Enviroment. Access to P00890 can be direct via fast path (enter P00890) or from the Help Menu and menu item About JDE. The preceding may vary depending on the tools release in use - this is the situation for tools release 8.96.C1.

2) For web clients, clicking the "i" button at the top right of any application will provide a window of information. At the bottom of that window, under the heading "Other" is the EnterpriseOne (Tools) Release, User ID and Environment. This may vary depending on the tools release in use - this is the situation for tools release 8.96.C1.

If a user has logged on to the system on a web client, i would suggest do the following

Open any Application (for example P0011) on the top right corner you will see a button with "i" in blue. Press this, it will show you the application you are in and also the environment you are in

Alternatively,
on the left bottom in the Left pane look for "My System Profile" this will tell you the Environment you are signed on to.

Back