how to create a complicated BSVW (union and joint)

ricky

Hello all,

Can anyone here help me create a complicated BSVW? a simple join between F58XXX and a table union on F4211 AND F42119 ?

first, I know there is one stand BSVW named V4211A, but that is not enough, we need to go further, we need to join that union V4211A with one of our custom talbe F58XXX on LITM and MCU.

any one can tell me it is possible or not? I know also we can change our program logic to do a fetch single in F58XXX to resolve this problem.
but we will have a performance issue if we do it that way.

any one can tell me it is possible or not?

Would appreciate any help on this regard.

thanks

Howdy,

Short answer - in E1, no - you cannot do a complex join of the nature. The limitations of the Business view creation is too limiting to complete what you desire.

There is a work around, thought. If you can create a select statement, detailing all the data items you desire - you can create an E1 Virtual Table that will discribe exactly what you have come to dread.

Follow the various threads on the thing called the 'virtual' table. It is an SQL view over a select statment - with the specs created in E1...

(db)

Hi,
I agree with DBohner on the "No" answer - however I always had difficulties with these tricky business views - so I had to solve the same problem with work tables (of course it only fits reports).
As we had some problems with Sales Order History we switched off the functionality later... It is not a really comfortable solution.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

thank you for your reply .
as it is impossible, now I had changed to break the section into two sections based on separated joint-view, F58XXX joint w/ F4211 and F58XXX joint w/ F42119.

hopefully Oracle will offer some upgrade on this.

How do you create the virtual table? I was not able to find any threads on virtual table.

See attachment.
By Saad Mian, Oracular Systems & Software, Inc.

Attachments

• 88380-OW Database Views.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 431
Moose,

Adrian's attached document is Excellent...

Most of the developers that have had to play with DataBase (or SQL) views - consider a JDE Table over a DB View to be a Virtual Table.

In a nut-shell, if you can create a magical select statement - that gives you exactly the data you want... you can create that select statement into a Database View. (create veiw virtualfilename as select statement)... The caveat being, Views are DISTINCT - while you select statement or the actual may not be distinct!

Once the DB View is created - you can match the statement structure within a File Spec. If the file spec matches the structure (and naming conventions) of the view - do not create from the spec, just start using it...

Holler if you need more!

I'm with my family, playing in beatiful southern cal for a few more days (is someone checking on my dawg???) - so my replies may be a little more delayed than usual!

(db)

Back