How to Create a Automatic Test for a Specific Item/Lot in Quality Management

richchipper

Well Known Member
Forgive my probably dumb question - I was asked to put training material for a module which I have very little knowledge about (and, it seems, the people working with the program know even less... :-( ). Additionally, the Quality Management programs have been customized to create a routing process and use RFGEN - the programmer no longer works here (and the document control department who requested it has zero documentation). I want to ensure I understand how JDE is supposed to work and see if our customization has altered some of the screens & processes.

My understanding is that once you set up the test and then the preferences, when the item is created in a purchase order or a work order completed, there will be some type of prompt to identify this is going into testing. I have a JDE Tips document using People Soft 8.9 which shows the "Quality Management Tests Exists" field in the Inventory Receipts screen. I've tried both processes and am not seeing anything like that. Additionally, I see no Form or Row Exits referencing Quality Management programs.

When I complete a receipt and also when I complete a work order, there is nothing in the P3711 for this item/lot combination.

Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing to create the actual item/lot test automatically? I know I can create it manually, but I'm about to lose my mind...

Last edited:
richchipper,

I want to make sure I understand your question but are you expecting a quality result to be automatically entered by the system? I am not sure this functionality exists based ont he following document from oracle: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01/doc.91/e15134/processing_test_results.htm#EOAQM310

You are correct however that once you set up tests and create a preference profile either by item or item/customer combination you should be able to enter test results and the tests exist field in the Inventory receipts screen should be marked. You do need to be careful that your effective dates for your test on the preference profile are correct and that the number samples field is set to a value greater than 0.

Please let me know if I am understanding your situation correctly. Thanks.

Thanks for responding

Not the results - I am asking if a unique test for a lot/item is created through the receipt & work order completion process. Sounds like its a yes, but I'll let you confirm.

This may be semantics but the "test" is what you create in the F3701 and is used on the quality preference profile to control which "tests" you enter "test results" against and the records for the results end up in the F3711. The "test results" must be entered manually against the "tests" via P3711 which can be accessed from receipts or work order completions.

Does that make sense and sorry if I am just confused by your question.

I agree - this is hard to explain. I'll use an example. I've set up Test 1 to measure length and Test 2 to measure weight. I set up a preference on Widget X to use Test 1 for a minimum of 6 inches and a maximum of 6.1 inches. When I complete my work order for Widget X for lot Q1, what process creates a unique test for the Widget X, Lot Q1 to enter the test results for the number of inches so I can enter that data differently than the test results for Widget X, Lot Q2 or even Widget Y?

Ok so when you take the row or form exit to P3711 it should allow you to enter a test result for Test 1 and/or Test 2 widget X, Lot Q1 if you are set up to take tests by lots and there is a quality preference profile setup. Once you click ok after enter a test result for one of those tests it will create the records in F3711. You will then repeat the process for Lot Q2 and so on.

Does that help?

So, do I just create a new record in F3711 or will one exist? I don't have the option in either screen to take a row or form exit to P3711. Sorry for being so difficult. I just thought that once you received a product on a sales order or work order, it would automatically create the records in F3711. (kind of like a ledger record is created when you do an inventory transaction or receipt.)

No those records are not automatically created unless you create them via the P3711 which should have a row exit in the forms you are discussing as well as the other application mentioned in the Oracle documentation referenced earlier (https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01/doc.91/e15134/processing_test_results.htm#EOAQM310)

You are not being difficult and there is not a ton of information out there or JDE quality. Trust me I know! Also if you are a JDE tips subscriber in addition to the article you mentioned there is a newer article for quality in manufacturing that can be found here: http://www.jdetips.com/DocServ.asp?DCN=1191 or a video via quest here https://www.questdirect.org/resources/item/12/463,

Hope this helps!

Okay - that eases my mind that I wasn't missing a flag or switch or processing option somewhere. Thank you so much for your patience. I'll go through both of the links you sent and hopefully it will be a little clearer. (Or I'll be even more confused :)!)

Back