How to control fixed margin based on cost of item for different lots in the same branch plant ?

Jessica88

Well Known Member
How to control fixed margin based on cost of item for different lots in the same branch plant ?

Hi there,

I am implementing JDE for a pharmaceutical company with the specific requirement that items need to be invoiced at a fixed % of the cost (with cost kept at Item Branch Plant Location Lot Level) and that items will be managed by lot and expiration dates. I know I can manage this through Advanced Pricing. Sales will only be from a specific branch plant with usually 1 batch of the item at a time. The process has been identified as follows :

(1) Enter Sales Order and select lot - This determines the cost of item to be shipped , thus the price
(2) Confirm Shipment
(3) Print Invoice

However, I can have credit notes or transfers made to this branch plant that will create several lines in my Summary Availability (F41021) for a particular item / Branch Plant with different lot numbers.

The problem is that if I enter a Qty Ordered which is greater than the Qty Available for the Item / Branch Plant / Lot No Combination when there is enough Qty in the Branch Plant to satisfy the sales order , the system does not give out a warning or error that will force the user to go and query the Summary Availability to break the rows in the Sales Order accordingly. This will cause a problem because my selling price is based on the cost which in turn is dependent on the lot selected.

I was thinking of having the P4210 program modified so that it gives out an error message but I understand that this is not recommended.

What would you advise ? Go ahead with the modification or is there an alternative way other than to manage it manually , which is very vulnerable to errors ?

Thanks,
Jessica.

Back