E9.2 How to combine two csv files

annh

I have a csv file produced from a UBE using database output csv. I need to add headers to the columns and have not found a way to do that. I am trying to figure out how to combine a static csv with the headers to the output csv file. When i run the UBE it overwrites my original file with headers. Does anybody know of a way to get the headers in the same file as the database output?

It seems like a nice feature but, using database output in the RDA to create a CSV file is a terrible way to create a CSV file. You have so little control of it. Its best to just create the CSV file yourself and use the append flat file function to write you data to a file.

It seems like a nice feature but, using database output in the RDA to create a CSV file is a terrible way to create a CSV file. You have so little control of it. Its best to just create the CSV file yourself and use the append flat file function to write you data to a file.
Not sure what you mean when you say create the CSV file yourself? How would I create a csv file in the UBE? The reason i did it this way was then I had the file location and name. Any help is much appreciated.

Write code In the do section of the section where your data is coming from. Use a string variable and use a series of concat statements to create each line of the CSV file based on your data. Use function "AppendLineToFlatFile" to write each line out to the text file.

Write code In the do section of the section where your data is coming from. Use a string variable and use a series of concat statements to create each line of the CSV file based on your data. Use function "AppendLineToFlatFile" to write each line out to the text file.
Thanks. i will give that a try.

Back