How to Build Package & Deploy

anggoro

Dear All,

Sorry again for this basic question.
I have developed reports in FAT Client PY900, already tested and already checked in. In my previous company there was sysadmin team who build packages and deploy our objects to Production environment so user can use it. But now i have to do it by myself and i don't have any experiences for that.
I have request for sysadmin and CNC training to my company.

What should i do (pretend i am as sysadmin) to build package and deploy objects to Production ?

Please give me the rules and direction to build package and deploy to Production.

Please help if you have any documentations.

Note : I'm using JDE E1 9.0.

Thank You,

Anggoro

Hello there

I think i can try step by step if you setup is same as us.

run P98770 to see what is the name of you last full package(This one you need in the time for package creation).

First i will developed the report in DV and deploy in PY and then PD.
DV project status should be 21 in your development machine to deploy in DV environment

go to deployment server for create the package.

Let me know then i can give more direction, I read document from oracle did not understand and my consultant tought be how to do that.

Thanks
AD

Dear Adeel,

Thank you so much for your response,
As i said before, i have no experienced in Build Packages and deploy objects in JDE.
As a developer, my previous jobs is only develop objects and test it. Build packages and Deploy objects is Sysadmin's job.
And at that time as i remember, i use FAT PY to develop objects and project status is 21. I never used DV before.

but i'll try to follow your direction.
In Development Server FAT Client ... what's the environment should i choose ? PY, PD or DV to build package ?

Thanks

In deployment server login as jde and environment i assume woukd be dep900 as we have 812 and mine is dep812
Let me know

Back