How to avoid getting 'G' Increase Order Messages for PO's

How to avoid getting \'G\' Increase Order Messages for PO\'s

Hello,
I would like to avoid MRP creating messages asking to increase Purchase Order Quantities, and would prefer it to suggest raising another order.

Any ideas.

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: How to avoid getting \'G\' Increase Order Messages for PO\'s

According the KG:

ISSUE:
How do you turn off or eliminate 'G' and 'L' messages from MRP output? If clients have an item on a purchase order already and have additional requirements, they would like a new purchase order message to be generated (a "O" or a "B") in place of a "G" message to increase the PO.

SOLUTION:
You may modify the UDC 34/MT to eliminate the G and L message types. Be aware that this UDC applies to all MRP planned items across a branches. This method will create new orders instead of giving you messages to increase existing orders. A defer message will be created if demand drops, but none will be generated to decrease. This can cause excess inventory, once you eliminate the decrease message.

WORKAROUND:
If you do not want this to go across branch plants, but just one, you may create a nightly program that will check all of the POs for just the one plant, and turn on the freeze code for all of them. This eliminates the "G" and "L" messages also.

Hi Devo & Darren,

Thanks for your feedback. I have used the Freezing functionality before but as you both quite rightly pointed out there are issues with this approach, although this is probably the most sensible solution as removing standard UDC values is a bit naughty and fraut with other more intense knock-on problems.

I've logged this with GSC, adding / supporting Darren's 'Enhancement Request'.

Fingers crossed guy's although I'm not going to hold my breath.

Regards,

Andrew.

RE: How to avoid getting \'G\' Increase Order Messages for PO\'s

No problem Andrew

Darren

An alternate suggestion not mentioned here is, of course, to use Fixed or Maximum Order Quantities. This caps the quantity and forces a new PO to be suggested.

Back