• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

How to analyse Debug Logs

Hi All ,
I have joined this group only today and have close to 2 years of JDE Technical experience and am well versed in forms , reports . I am not that proficient in C. I have been asked to analyse debug logs on some occasions and that gets me anxious.
I work on Jde 9.2 platform and want to get over this anxiety.
Through this forum , I would like to know if anyone can guide how to go about analysing these logs in a stepwise way(Like determining what each error code means etc etc..)

Thank You !!

Kamal

jdedwardsuser

Looking at debug logs is not that difficult per say . First start searching for regular keywords like - "Error" , "Failed", "Exception", "Unable" etc . Then try searching with "Return Value is 2 " . This comes out of C business functions . If return value is 0 , success . 1 means warning and 2 means error . You can start looking for any particular business function by typing function name . Business functions can also be generally searched using "Start dumping" keyword where you will see the parameter mapping of business function IN and OUT both .

Debug logs have times too so you can see whats taking long . However more advanced tools like performance WB does this analysis for you to make decisions of long queries , index optimizations needed etc .