how to add new company in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Ernest

Hi all

I am trying to create a new company on the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, but I dont know how to do so. I try to navigate on the General Ledger setup menus, but there i dont find the possibility to add a new company. As i was reading the implementation guide it was saying that the system comes with a set of predefined types of companies.

Can you please tell me if there is a possibility to add a completely new company in the system and please advice how to do so.
Thank you and best regards

Ernest,

My gut feeling tells me you have very limited experience with JDE Financials. The actual adding of a company is simple and done through the P0010 program under the Organization & Account Setup menu called Company Names & Numbers. There are many steps to take after this but much depends upon how the company is being setup. In most cases, companies are setup similar to existing companies. You need to know and understand fiscal date patterns, currency (if used), the setting up of business units, accounts for the business units, and possibly employing the use of models. You need to understand AAIs. Sometimes setting up new companies create conflicts on how the COA will work. As you can see there is much more to it then meets the eye. If you are in the financial area, then study the General Accounting manual well. If you are not I suggest you bring in a seasoned Financial JDE person. Setting up a company incorrectly can lead to a very dissatisfied group of users. Incorrect setup in any ERP system leads to the mistaken belief that the software stinks.

Ernest,

You need consider below taskss before create a new company code by P0010 (Of course, you maybe need add the BU name at first)

1. COA - Chart of account
2. AAI and DMAAI setup
3. Optional: Approve routing setup - P43008 (If you are using JDE PR approve process)
4. Optional: Order hold info setup - P42090 (If you need create additional BU for budget hold)
5. Next number setup
6. Optional: Bank account master setup (If applied)
7. Optional: Security setup (Who is allowed to access this new company)-- Using the same data source or other method, and maybe you need consult your CNC adminstrator.

Back