How is the MRP date calculated for In Receipt Routing quantities

tethys

We are implementing inspection using Receipt Routing and we use MRP in our manufacturing environment.
At the moment we are showing quantities in receipt routing as In Receipt Routing rather than as Beginning On Hand.
But I cannot work out how the date buckets that the in receipt quantities are shown in are calculated.
Does anyone know?
Thanks

Search Oracle Support for "Purchasing Effective Days". Likely the results will contain the answers you're looking for.

From one related Oracle document
----------------------------------------------
When calculating the available quantities from on-hand inventory associated with lots, MRP will consider the effective date of the lot to determine whether the quantity associated with the lot is available or not. If the lot Effective Date is greater than the period in which supply is being calculated, then the quantity associated with the lot will not be considered available for planning purposes in that period. If the Effective Date is less than or equal to the planning period, then the quantity of item in the lot will be considered available to satisfy demand in that period. The quantity in the lot will continue to satisfy demand in subsequent periods until the quantity in the lot reaches zero or the lot expires. At which time, MRP will no longer consider the lot available for any purpose.
------------------------------------------

Search Oracle Support for "Purchasing Effective Days". Likely the results will contain the answers you're looking for.

Thanks for your response, but in our (admittedly rather old) version lots only have an expiry date (which for this part is sometime in 2045) not an effective date.
I have an item with 334 units in Inspection and another 338 units in Operation 1. A quantity of 231 shows up as +IRR in 10 days time and the rest is shown in +IRR at the end of April (at the end of the Message Display Fence days). There does not seem to be any logic to what quantity is ending up in what Time Series bucket.
I may simply have to turn IRR off and move all the quantities into Beginning Available.

In Branch/Plant Constants (P41001) check your settings on Item Availability Definition. Specifically Qty In Inspection, Qty in Operation 1, Qty in Operation 2

Back