How do you Print Z-File Errors (or Error Codes)

Denis Saloman

Denis Saloman

I need to print errors that occur when the following z-files are processed: F0101Z2, F03012Z1, F0401Z1, F03B11Z1, and F0411Z1. Is there any way to capture error codes or descriptions that would normally be routed to the Work Center in a UBE? ... a business function perhaps?

Thanks!

Some customers developed a report (or a new section in a report) thet read the workcenter table e and print the error.

If you are interested in this approach next week I can send you the ER from an existing custom report.

Regards.

Bruno Condemi

There are JDE UBEs that print the errors to the report....offhand I forget which ones. Take a look at the functions in B0100011 and B0100025. I have used these in the past to log any errors to the report...just don't remember exactly how....its been quite a while ago.

Check this report R013151. Its a basic report and you might have to tweak it as per your needs.

Bruno,

If you can be so kind as to include some sample ER to read and print message center errors in a UBE, I would be very appreciative. I am not familiar with the use of the business functions supplied by another helpful JDEList member and of course there is no JDE explanation.

Thank you for your assistance.
Denis

Denis, we just published an article on this topic. Here's the description:
Save Time by Using ERW to Report on Work Center Error Messages by Ricky Cai (Category: Reporting, Query, and Business Intelligence)
The JDE® Employee Work Center offers a great feature that allows users to be notified by email of any error messages generated by batch jobs. The feature becomes not so great when there could be hundreds to thousands of error messages—all requiring drill down to multiple levels to see the root cause of the issue. In this article, Ricky Cai demonstrates how to create a customized report that gets down to the nitty gritty detail that you need, saving you time and effort.

If you'd like a copy, please email [email protected].

Andy
www.JDEtips.com

Back