How do you get a list of user using a role

MacaqueJDE

Hi There!

I'm probably asking the easiest question over, but I just can't find the answer.

I'm using JDE 9.1, and I have a roleEx : AC1.

I want all user that are under this role.

How do I do that? I want a list of username under AC1 role.

Thank you!
smile.gif

Open P95921.

Take the form exit called Relationship Maint. Now enter AC1 in the role field and hit Find. It should show you all the users that have that role and also the effective and expiration dates.

ice_cube210,

In Role Relationships, you can't do a find based on only the role -- you must have a valid User ID entered, which defeats the purpose of doing a where-used on a specific role.

For our use, I wrote an internal (Crystal) report that shows me all users by role.

Don , this was my belief too because I know that at least untill 8.11 there was no search by role feature , I always queried the F95921 directly for RLFRROLE , or if you had the AllOut Security suite they have a screen where you can switch between user and role.

But in 9.0 , there is a form exit called Relationship Maint on P95921 that will allow you to search by role. Please refer to the attached document that shows the same.

Attachments

• 185119-P95921 Search By Role.pdf
    126 KB · Views: 199
Hello run R989210 from BV. You can query on Role and Effective dates. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ice_cube210,

I went into P95921 on my 9.0 system, and I don't see any such form exit. Did you have a mod done to this object? From your documentation, it looks like it would be a very useful form, which kind of makes me think it was added on by someone other than Oracle :)

Hi Don,

No this appp was not modified. I just looked at the F9861 records and it was updated by ESU - JL16729. This ESU has been superceded by JL18169. This form exit was added by this ESU it looks like to address BUG: 11002492.

Apply this to your test environment if you can , the ESU is pretty small and does not have any baseline dependencies.

Thanks, ice_cube210.

I just downloaded this ESU and applied it to our test environment, and it really does work. I retract my previous remarks about Oracle -- they got this one right!

Back