E9.2 How do I record this process?

jgagnon

I'm trying to record a process that will eventually be incorporated into an orchestration. The process starts with an application, where a set of filter criteria will be set (via orchestration inputs) and a search performed. Then I need to iterate over the results of the search, calling a row exit (for each item in the results) to execute another application. The second application takes only a little input, but it does require information that I need to provide, including a date which will be calculated as an existing date for the selected record, plus a specified number of days. Basically, what I'm trying to do is reschedule a collection of work orders out by a specified number of days from when they were originally scheduled.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to record the process as I've described it. I don't know how to record it and then somehow incorporate the looping over the search results to call the second application.

I had previously tried a different approach where I set up a data request that essentially does the work of the search in the first application and then calling a form request to call the second application. Unfortunately, I think I ran into a major flaw with this approach, in that the form request does not have the knowledge of the "selected record" from the first application that is somehow being passed through the row exit call. In this scenario, the first application is never actually being executed - I am simply iterating through the results of the data request.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make either of these approaches work?

Selecting a grid row is recorded. But you will need to work out which row to select and pass that number into the form request. I expect you’ll need a custom groovy connector and some json work to get there.

Selecting a grid row is recorded. But you will need to work out which row to select and pass that number into the form request. I expect you’ll need a custom groovy connector and some json work to get there.
Hmm, why a groovy connector? Why couldn't I just use a custom request written as a groovy script? What is the difference?

I should have asked this earlier. Does anyone have suggestions on how-tos or a "toolbox" of sorts where people have submitted ideas to deal with situations that require a little more than what orchestrator studio handles "out of the box"? I have extensive software development experience, so I can dig into this stuff.

Instead of your form providing the dataset and the repeat call to the row exit, why not create a Data Request doing the exact same thing and loop in the for number of records?

Also what TR are you on as I'm sure multiple grid calls is now allowed on the latest one

Forgot to add, there is a BSFN to add days. Stick that in your steps too

Forgot to add, there is a BSFN to add days. Stick that in your steps too
I assume BSFN = business function? I'm not familiar with those in the context of orchestrator studio. Are they a different type of UDO?

Back