How do I keep crystal report font size when exporting to text

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
I want to export a crystal report to text and keep the font size within the crystal report. Right now when I export my crystal report to text it changes the font size on all the fields to 10 so now my fields are all being truncated. The only way to fix this is to define multiple detail lines and place my data on multiple lines. Has anyone been able to resolve this problem. We are on crystal version 7.5.

If anyone can give me any ideas that would help.

Cathy,

Are you sure that your Crystal Reports Version is 7.5? I don't think there was such a version. Version History for Crystal goes

4.x
6.x
11 (XI)
11 r2
12 (2008)

and there are the visual studio and other OEM versions.

Anyway sounds like you are trying to all your fields on one, very long, line, and the line is being truncated? Is that correct?
I've never encountered Crystal changing font sizes on its own though - not that you should care if exporting to text.

Can you provide more detail please.

When you export to text Crystal defaults to a pitch of 10 and overrides the setting defined on the report line which is a pitch of 8.

Cathy,

true text files (.txt, .csv, etc) have no fonts or font size. They are just text. Any size issues you have when viewing the text is the result of the text viewer program's (notepad?) defaults.

Back