N/A How Can I view history of standard change of an Item number.

mcortes0iz6z6

I messed up and change the standard of 50 items. I have and inventory revaluation issue. How can I see the history of the standard so I can change back to how it was before?

I don't believe there is a ledger on Item Master or Item Branch. I assume you'd know if your company set up some sort of custom ledger based on database trigger or something.

A couple things you might try. I might know of these because I've had to use one or the other over the years :)
1) Database journal if you're AS400
2) Historical data backup or test environment copied down from prod
3) If you trust your cardex F4111 UM you might try looking at cardex UM's for the same items before the change.

Probably easiest in the end to have someone with knowledge of the items to figure out the standard again and just manually fix each.

Last edited:
I don't believe there is a ledger on Item Master or Item Branch. I assume you'd know if your company set up some sort of custom ledger based on database trigger or something.

A couple things you might try. I might know of these because I've had to use one or the other over the years :)
1) Database journal if you're AS400
2) Historical data backup or test environment copied down from prod
3) If you trust your cardex F4111 UM you might try looking at cardex UM's for the same items before the change.

Probably easiest in the end to have someone with knowledge of the items to figure out the standard again and just manually fix each.
Will using an Inventory report from a previous month work as well. All these skus were had inventory and therefore past month inventory has the right standard.

Will using an Inventory report from a previous month work as well. All these skus were had inventory and therefore past month inventory has the right standard.
That would be a good resource! In my experience standard UOMs (you mean primary, right?) almost never change on an item so it should be a good start for a fix.

That would be a good resource! In my experience standard UOMs (you mean primary, right?) almost never change on an item so it should be a good start for a fix.
All inventory UOMs is 1 unit. If there is a backup no one in this company knows. I which there was something like SAP where you can see the last most recent standard and actual standard. In this case about 50 items were recosted with the wrong valuation given an inventory revaluation hopefully this time the issue got resolve but what I did was to use last month ending inventory report which gave me the standard cost. Then I when sku by sku(item by item) and taking a look if the had more than material and freight( such as scrap,labor etc lines. then backing all that out in order to enter the right material price that at then adding everything would come out to the same standard as the Inventory Report. We use JDEDWARDS 9.1. Let me know if you think I solved the issue if not I think I will have a good long weekend project.
I appreciate your time in this. I am fairly new and so everyone else so there is really no expert in this company :( if you could share screenshots or if you like me to do so let me know.

Inventory at standard cost - when there is a cost change it triggers an IB transaction in the Cardex / F4111 table.
Query the table based for IBs that occurred in the time span you messed up with your UserID.

Back