How can I do to send a message to all web users connected ??

Bruno Prieto

I am trying to find the way to send a message to all the html clients connected to JDE in one shot. I don't know this is possible inside JDE.
I know that I can send a mail using PPAT but I like to send a message like a popup or something similar that take the attention of the user.
I like to send a message like “We have been experiencing some power failures, please logoff”

Thanks and regards,

Bruno.-

We've puzzled about this one as well. We're running the owportal interface and my current thinking is that we can put a component onto the workspace that shows current service status. It's not that "in your face" but it'd be a start.

As long as you can get the names of the computers logged in as html clients (and I'm not sure how you do that -- sorry), you can loop through them and use a "net send" command to each computer logged in, along with a short message. Beware that the "net send" functionality may be turned off by your network administrator, so check with that person if the net send doesn't work.

Oh yeah thanks, this the main idea. I checked in "SAW" the option "user list" and I can see all the html clients connected at the moment, but I don't know how can I do to retrieve/export this information to a file.

Thanks,

Bruno.-

one way would be to modify the JDE header HTML file.

Its just an idea, and it might not work - I haven't personally tried it, and you will likely not see the message if you have the header cached - but as I said, its an idea !

You can access the user list web page via a program and then parse the user machine as previously suggested. Here is a sample C# program to get the raw html data (I'm using it to see how many users we have on each server hence the serach for "users currently logged in").

Attachments

• 93435-Service1.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 146
Thanks to all for your help, and particulary to Wes (thanks for your pgm). You gave me an idea about where I must look for find the data.
My problem is that my installation is all under UNIX (AIX V5.1, DB2 V7.2, and WbSph. V4.0).
In any case I continue trying..........

Back