Hold Code on sales order line

Jessica88

Well Known Member
Hi,

Is it possible to put a partial hold code on a sales order, that is, if only 1 out of 5 lines on the sales order do not meet a certain requirement that the hold code appears on only this line ?

The documentation seems to suggest that this is so but when I tested it seems to be putting the hold code on all lines on the order. Is it how it works ?

Thanks and Regards,
Jessica.

Hi.

This is not totally true.

there are some Hold Codes that work's at line level, ie: partial shipment hold code, margin line hold code

But these codes could not be set up manually by the user.

These codes are set up by the Sales Order process and they hold a specified line, and the order also. The order is released form hold, when all the lines gets released

It will be pretty simple to create an application to put lines on hold using the same logic as the partial shipment line holds.

this application should create a record in the F4209 and also should update the Hold Code in the F4201

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I read the old post on the question I asked and read your replies. Do I conclude that even if I set a hold code on a line basis, the hold code will be applied to the whole order ? Am on 8.11, does that still hold true ? That means that if I blank the hold code on 1 of the line items on the F4211, it will have the same effect as the whole order being unblocked and I would still be able to continue processing that order. Have I understood correctly ?

Thanks and Regards,
Jessica.

Hi Jessica.

Yes.

Just with only one line Held will Held the whole Order

The Hold Code is not in the F4211 , only in F4201 and F4209

The benefits from the line holds are to be able to forbid some processes that are unable to evaluate the order as a whole (like pickings), so if you had a line on hold, they will not process the rest of the lines of that order.

If you release the hold of one of the lines, but there are other lines on hold, you should not be able to process any of the lines of the order.

Back