• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Hide Row..Exit...Item based on version?

elbyowl

I have an application with 7 versions. In the application, there is a Row exit to another application. Our users want that row exit to only show up on half of the versions for that application. Do you know how I could do this programmatically?

Kim Schmidt

Not too difficult. First, add a processing option to the application's PO template, or create one if necessary. In this example, make the new option a character type like EV01. Then use event rules similar to this to selectively hide or show the row exit. I would usually put this in the "Post Dialog is Initialized" event:
If PO cHideStuff_EV01 is equal to "1"
Disable Control(HC R&ow Exit To Hide)
Else
Enable Control(HC R&ow Exit To Hide)
End If

Hope this helps!

Is it inappropriate to add type 6 records to F00950 to disallow the row exit for *ALL for the selected versions from which you want the row exit removed? No programming required.

jdedwardsuser

No it is not inappropriate at all , but it is not a good way of doing it . Version level security is common and is done , but it has maintenance . I would support what Kim suggested above to have it controlled via processing option or say a udc setup or something and have it controlled that way .