Hide Columns

consultant

Hi All,

In a columnar section, you can make a column invisible in RDA-layout and the columns to the right of that invisible column wil shift to the left.
When you Hide through ER your columns will not shift to the left.

Question:
I want to be able to hide a column in ER and shift the columns to the left. How do I do that?

Reason:
On a document usually they want to see an amount, but on certain occasions they want to see a date field. When you put those fields in a string you mess up your formats.

Working on OW XE.

Who's got the answer?
Thanks in advance

Your only choice is to create separate versions with different layouts. If you are wanting the version to be based on user choices, you can create a calling UBE with only processing options that will be used to select the appropriate version of the called UBE to run.

Ray W. Justus
Kitchell Corporation
1707 East Highland Avenue, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-4668
(602) 631-6157

you don't need to hide the column. simply place the string field over the
numeric field ie. overlap the two in the RDA. assign the value to the string
report variable (field) using ER logic.

all the best!!!

Stranger wrote:

"you don't need to hide the column. simply place the string field over the numeric field ie. overlap the two in the RDA. assign the value to the string report variable (field) using ER logic."

What?

Ray W. Justus
Kitchell Corporation
1707 East Highland Avenue, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016-4668
(602) 631-6157

I think he is trying to say that you create an alpah variable on the report instead of placing the BC views of the two fields on the report. Based on ER logic, you then assign either the numeric value or the date value from the BC to the RV Alpha.

B733.2, SP 15, Oracle 8.1.6, HP 9000
Win2K, Citrix 1.8, NFuse

Back