Help with Journal Entry using XML CallObject

mmateus

Hi All,

I am trying to diagnose a problem we're having with XML CallObject kernel when creating a journal entry that has multi-currency.

The process works correctly when I enter the journal in E1 and I get no errors. However I get the following informational error when I execute the xml document through the 3rd party application:

"Currency Exchange Setup Not Found"

The batch gets posted in JDE even though I get the error above. I have also tried using JXMLTool and I get the same error as above. This used to work on Xe but it stopped working on E9. We have even updated all the dlls.

One thing I have noticed is that if I remove the parameter line (<param name='mnCurrencyRate'>0.73024682342632</param>, the batch is created and posted without any errors but this is not ideal as a journal entry can be created by overwriting the exchange rate. I suspect that I am either missing something, i.e. an extra parameter in the B0900049 business function in conjunction with the exchange rate parameter or I need to omit something if I am overwriting the exchange rate. I have even tried adding the cMultiCurrencyInterco parameter to the mix but this has not helped.

Oracle is not very forthcoming with their help saying that they do not support custom applications but I can't find anything on KG or even on the B0900049 business function documentation, nevermind the documentation on multi-currency.

Is anyone using XML CallObject to process journals into JDE and if so please can you advise on where I am going wrong or what I am missing. I know we could probably monitor for this error and ignore it but there must be a reason why this is happening. Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Misael

Attachments

• 187516-Journal Entry Example.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 19
My guess is that this is not necessarily a problem with XML CallObject in and of itself, but rather with the function and/or JDE setup and configuration. If you create a test harness from within JDE to call the function with the exact same parameters under the same conditions you will probably get the same error - you should also have additional error information about where the error is actually getting thrown (source and line). This will can help you determine why the error is happening.

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to respond.

I checked the logs for the XML CallObject and it seems to be looking for a one to one currency conversion (i.e. USD to USD and EUR to EUR) and we don't have these (never did in Xe either) in the F0015 table as we only import specific exchange rates. I then added them using the P0015A application and reran the process without any errors showing.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Misael

Back