Help regarding JDETrace

bsush

I have downloaded the JDETrace utility from the Patwel website. However I have not managed to find any documentation that explains how to use the JDETrace tool.

I would be most grateful if anyone can take some time out to explain to me how to use the JDETrace. Step by step instructions using an example would be most useful.

I am on E8.12 Demo / Standalone TR 8.96.3

Thanks in advance

Hi.

You can start with File->Open File to select a jdedebug.log. After it loads, the tree control on the left loads with a list of processes and threads that are found in the trace session. Select a thread and the right tree control will load with the activity. This includes SQL, ER events, BSFN calls. The panes on the bottom of the screen can be used to:

Search the session for a string of text
Display the raw data of the log entry.
Show all jdeCache activity
Show SQL table access totals (how many selects, inserts, etc)
BSFN call analysis to show each BSFN call, how many times, and how long it took.

The process pane will show all running JDE processes. You can see the debug tracing status, the filename and it's size. The buttons on the toolbar of this pane allow you to change the debug status, clear the debug log and analyze the selected process which essentially loads the listed debug file.

Hope this helps somewhat. If you have any problems, let me know. One day I'll actually create a manual
tongue.gif

Craig

Back