Help Finding a Business Function to Allocate/Commit Serialized/Lot Controlled Inventory

SALopez

Help Finding a Business Function to Allocate/Commit Serialized/Lot Controlled Inventory

I've spent a month trying to find an answer in Oracle and 3rd party documentation and not having much luck.

We have a modification to our system that allocates inventory (both soft and hard commits) instead of having the system do it. This program assumes that all serialized/lot controlled items will come from WF/WS (work order related) sales lines. Thus it only checks to see if inventory matching the sales order MCU/Item/Lot is in stock.

Users are now using lot control for stock items, and our program finds no inventory available because it is looking for a blank lot when all the available inventory does have lot numbers.

Are there any programs/business functions that handle the allocation of inventory under these circumstances? I believe that the standard sales order entry could handle this, but it's such a large program that I can't find what would update the sales order with the now allocated item/location/lot information for the commitment.

Back