HELP! ALLUSIVE UBE ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ehalcott36

Below is a summary of the original problem:

Once a service order (Repair Order ) is complete, two parallel processes have to run to cover the billable and unbillable work done.

This starts off by running R1775 on the Billable side and R551775 for the Unbillable side (same general path only Unbillable Work Order Workfile).

Once those two are run, then you run R48121 on the Billable side and R5548121 for non-Billable (these are the two Invoice Generation batch jobs). This is where we saw the initial issue in that R5548121 is supposed to kick off a series of jobs and was not kicking off R5548132 correctly which killed the entire process.

If R48121 and R5548121 ran correctly, there would be information that would end up in R48300 and R5548300. The Service folk would then select the Billing Batch Review (P48221). The P48221 also spawns several batch processes (R-jobs) where the two sides of the Repair Order are finally combined and result in the Billable side of the order being posted to A/R and the non-billable side NOT creating any A/R posting and both posting entries to the G/L.

Below is a summary of the second problem:

HD 189688 noted that R5548121 was not kicking off one of its subsidiary jobs (R5548132) which caused the process described above to stop when R5548121 was run. The issue is that R5548131 has been modified to successfully run R5548132, but now runs with errors which prevent P48221 from successfully completing the posting process. Errors occur in two places. R5548121 generates the following error: “UBE: Retrieve of UBE file failed. The file may not exist on Enterprise Server” If the resulting R5548300 is run through P48221 it generates an error in R5548199 “Version Invalid – R09801” and nothing is successfully posted to either the G/L or A/R.

Taking it from the top of what was done to resolve these errors:

1. Found the reason 5548132 was not running.
a. In 5548131 the call to run 5548132 was commented out.
b. Correction was made which was too uncommented out the call.

2. This fixed the problem; however, it spawned another problem.
a. This issue was that 5548121 was getting a UBE Error
b. 5548131 stopped posting

3. First thing which was done was to redeploy 5548121 with 5548131

4. Second thing which was done was to deploy every object that touches 5548121

5. Turned on logging to start viewing why we were receiving the error

6. The log found the program looking for a Table which didn’t exist (F554812).

7. I searched through the ER in hopes of finding out where the table was being used. However, no were in the ER was the table in question being used.

8. To try and rectify the issue I deleted the version for 5548121 from all locations and recreated the version, and had it deployed to DV in hopes of the program not looking for the specs for the table.

9. Next thing was to remove the Table from the E1 server.

10. Commented out the call from 5548131 to 5548132 in hopes of removing reference being made to finding specs for F554822

11. Run the debug to see where the logic was looking for specs for the table.

12. Removed the call to indices for the table.

13. Re-deployed the whole package now that the table was removed

14. Cleared the cache to see if it would fix the issue.

15. The process was working on my fat client so we change the OMC setting for force the Web client to run locally with logs turn on.

16. Rebuild the table

17. Re-deployed the whole package.

18. Program was now not looking for the specs for the table, but we were still getting the UBE ERROR.

19. Went back to the Logs and found we were getting a security error.

20. Turn off the security and the error went a way; however, did not resolve the allusive UBE ERROR!

21. Ran the series once again on the FAT Client and found a TerminateAAICache Error. Memory Violation.

Each step above failed to solve the UBE Error!

One thing to note here is that these series of reports run on the FAT Client. Once moved over to the Web Client or any other environment we get the UBE Error, file my not exist on the E1 server.

Another thing to note here is that R5548121 calls R5548131. Than R5548131 calls R5548132 and R5548300. While running it from the Web Client R5548121 Gets the UBE Error and R5548131 doesn't even posts. R5548132 and R5548300 post with no problem. All Reports have data and are too produce a PDF.

If you need anymore details just post and ask!

So if anyone has any idea on how I might be able to resolve this issue that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any postings

The actual error message I listed on 21 is actually the following: "EventRule: Business Function TerminateBillingAAICache at line 347 for Event 13 in Section Process Batch Header has caused a memory violation."

Your issue seems to have led to many a sleepless night.

But surely that is no reason to keep creating thread after thread with the same problem.

All your four threads relate to the same issue.

Contact Oracle support with your problem.

Unfortunately since these are custom reports we can not get support. Sorry, I am new to posting questions. I am trying to give as much information as I can for any advise one might have. I will not create anymore threads on this issue.

Thanks to everyone for helping even if it was to set me straight on writing thread after thread.

Best regards,

ehalcott36

No apologies warranted.

You've provided a lot of information about your issue. All I'm trying to say is add your comments to a single thread so that someone who can perhaps be able help you can read through all the information at one time.

Regards,

Shailesh

I want to pass on some good new an a possible help for anyone in the future. I fixed the problem and this is want was done: By doing a manual Submitting of the Version Specifications Only for each report instead of just the report in question fixed our Allusive UBE Error. All the reports run with out fail.

So thanks to everyone that helped out. I want to Especially thank Shailesh for turning me onto the white paper which lead me down the right path. Thank you!

[ QUOTE ]
I want to Especially thank Shailesh for turning me onto the white paper which lead me down the right path. Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

What Paper ?
mad.gif
And who rated this thread 3 stars ?
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want to Especially thank Shailesh for turning me onto the white paper which lead me down the right path. Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

What Paper ?
mad.gif
And who rated this thread 3 stars ?
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it me or are there a lot of grumpy JDElisters lately? I know I've been working a lot of hours lately but I always follow the policy of "if you can't say something nice (or at least humourous), say nothing at all."

Gregg "I need a day off" Larkin

[ QUOTE ]

Is it me or are there a lot of grumpy JDElisters lately? I know I've been working a lot of hours lately but I always follow the policy of "if you can't say something nice (or at least humourous), say nothing at all."

Gregg "I need a day off" Larkin

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately I cannot do either if someone keeps posting thread after thread related to one issue and then thanks me (sarcastically, I assume) for helping him with some kind of white paper
confused.gif

Anyways I should've known better than to reply to a thread which starts with 'HELP', 'URGENT' or 'IMPORTANT'.

Gregg, no it's not just you. I've noticed the same thing. Seems like a number of responses lately are short on helpfulness, long on crabbiness. Hell, I'm sure I'm guilty of it too.

There's gonna be a lot of stockings stuffed with lumps of coal come Christmas...

Shailesh, I was really thanking you for helping! You posted on thread #113844 date: 11/10/2006 On memory violation to go to Customer Connection. I did and there is were I got the idea to do what was done. I want to let you know you did help and I was thanking you for it.

I will now on only write one thread.

Sorry for upsetting anyone.

Regards,
ehalcott36

Back