Headerless Detail Update to Another Table

edwardkch24

Hi All,

I' m currently developing a headerless detail form. Once I have done editing the grid values, I would like to click select and save the grid records to another temporary table. Is there anyway of doing this? I have tried but only able to save the first record. Would appreciate if anyone could advise me how to go about this.

Thanks

Regards,
Edmamba24

Saving grid records to another table while in a headerless detail

Hi All,

I' m currently developing a headerless detail form. Once I have done editing the grid values, I would like to click select and save the grid records to another temporary table. Is there anyway of doing this? I have tried but only able to save the first record. Would appreciate if anyone could advise me how to go about this.

Thanks

Regards,
Edmamba24

Ed,

I believe "Select" is going to select the current grid record you are on so this is why you are getting only the one record processed to the table. The OK button will process the Grid.

Try using the following events:
- Add Grid Rec to DB - After
- Update Grid Rec to DB - After

Hi Edmamba24,

Perhaps what you are looking for is "Repeat for Grid" under the Options once you are in the Event Rules design area. This will repeat the Button Clicked logic for every grid record selected.

Ben Again,

Jermemy's post is bang on. Or loop through the selected grid rows and just update them using table IO?

Back