HCM: Prorate Leave Accruals

ericsd

As with most companies, an employee's vacation accrual rate depends on the number of years they have been working at the company. We accomplish that with a table calculation. HR/Payroll will now like to prorate that accrual with the number of hours worked per pay period. For example, if the employee is scheduled for 80 hours and goes on unpaid leave for 20 hours and as an accrual rate of 8 hours per two weeks, HR/Payroll would like that person to accrue: (80-20)/80 * 8 = 75% * 8 = 6 hours instead of 8 hours.

I opened up an SR with Oracle and they said that the system doesn't do that. Before I give up, I would like to check with the experts on JDEList. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi

We use a calculation table to calculate how many hours the employee accrues per hour worked. In your case 8 hours accured / 80 hours worked) = 0.1

If an employee works 60 hours then JDE would calculate 60 x 0.1 = 6 hours. In the accrual PDBA for leave, the basis of calc is just the PDBA's the employee accrues leave on

If you want more information please let me know

Cheers

Back