• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Handling Joint Checks

Fourthsis

Managing hundreds of residential construction builds with numerous GC/Subcontractor relationships --
so, as a result we have a lot of joint checks each week to process. So, I'm writing because the posts for this topic are VERY old and I am curious if anyone has come up with a simpler way to handle Joint Checks. As the process was stated in older posts - my client currently uses unique address book listings for related companies - who must be paid via Joint Checks (names on checks, everyone signs - manually. After many years and various protocols in building AB entries, this has become an arduous process - and one that is VERY hard to train new staff to support. Has anyone been able to develop a less manual solution for Joint Checks - perhaps using the "Joint Venture" module features (just for payments), perhaps using Parent/Child feature (for check printing) or just figured out a better way to use the limited functionality of AB (related addresses - even with this, the abbreviations are hard to keep up with; may be able to use the Project Name/Number in the Naming convention, but print only Related Addresses - possible?).

Given that JDE is so construction/real estate development heavy (or it was pre-Oracle purchase), why is it that the Joint Check process has not been better automated? I hope it has happened, and since I've been away for a while, I just do not know of the new "best practice way" to handle this. The client implemented JDE years ago and have not updated system or process much in the last 8 years, so would love to hear how others are handling this today as we embark on improvements. sharing of screen shots or transaction diagrams would be ok too.