Grid Buffer Rows do not display without Refresh

MarshallB

Well Known Member
Hello,
I have a custom application (single find/browse form) to display pricing information (this is a retrofit from 8.0). Basically, the app loops through the pricing tables and creates a grid row with pricing info.
The problem is, if the result is more than one row, no rows are displayed unless I hit refresh. The form will say for example "Rows 1-3", but you can't see the rows unless you do something, even dragging a grid column, to refresh the display.
The code is doing calculations and creating grid buffer rows, so these are not business view columns. It seems if it has to store more than one GB row in cache before displaying it is unable to display the grid.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

JDE 9.1
tools 9.1.0.3
SQL Server 2008 R2
Win64 2008

There is only one grid buffer row. You can copy a grid record to it or you can insert it into the grid, but you can only work with one record at a time when using a grid buffer row.

The system API may be confusing. InsertGridBufferRow and InsertGridBufferRowSilent doesnt insert a record into the Grid Buffer, it takes the contents (one record) of the grid buffer and inserts it into the grid.

Thanks for the reply,
My original post was a little poorly worded. What happens in a nutshell, the code loops through a fetch next and based on the results loads the grid buffer, then does "insert grid buffer row" clears the grid buffer and starts again.
In a case where there is only one record, the grid displays properly. If there are >1 results, the grid says "Records 1-3" but does not display them unless you somehow refresh the display (click refresh under tools menu).

HI ,

if possible , Please share the "insert grid buffer row" syntax used in your code .

ER Code excerpt attached.

Attachments

• 178824-lvl1prcPushBtn.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 396
Which event is this?

Also, did you debug this bit to analyse the flow? There's a couple of IFs in there, of which we cannot know what they will evaluate to in your testcase, so it's hard for us to figure out the flow.

Have you tried pressing the find button using the Press Button system function?

I was curious if you were able to resolve this issue you had with the grid.

We are experiencing a similar issue where a grid identifies that there should be 1 - 4 records but only shows one grid record. We can refresh the frame in the browser or press F5 and whola, the grid record shows up.

JDE 9.1
AS/400 db2
Tools 9.1.2(I think)

Back