Grey out or disable job queue

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

I have a task to change the default job queue and please correcty me if i am wrong for the following.

1. We can not change the job queue in the existing version?

I tried creating new version but the job queue option still grey out. what security should i look?

Please help
Thanks

AD

Ad,

To change the job queue on a UBE version you will need to check it out, change the job queue and check it back in.

To change the default job queue, you will need to edit the JDE.INI where the UBE version will run and restart the JDE services for it to take effect. I don't know if there is a need to change any JAS.INI settings.

The default job queue setting in the JDE.INI is used when the version job queue is blank (and probably if the version job queue does not exist).

Thanks peter.

I checked out the version and revise the version but when
i try to look for existing batch i get following attach error and also i OK button is disable which means i can not save.
As far as jde.ini i dont need to change as i see blank job queue most of our versions which i believe means to go to default queue which is QBATCH.

Thanks
Ad

Ad,

I'm not sure what you mean by:

[ QUOTE ]
i try to look for existing batch i get following attach error and also i OK button is disable which means i can not save.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you check out the version in OMW, ensuring project status and pathcode are in synch?

User OMW.

Login to DV
Create New Project at status 21.
Add Version in Porject
Check-out
Change Queue
Check in

Hello there

i meant "i try to look for existing job queue" not batch. Sorry for that. Also i figured it out, it was column security causing job queue grey out. See attachment. and yes i believe i can use the existing version to modify.

Thanks
AD

Attachments

• 183125-error.png
    183125-error.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 57
Very interesting
I have modified the existing version and check in and deploy the update package but i see the report still goes to QBATCH not the APBATCH which i changed. Any idea what is the problem?

Thanks in advance

AD

Are you submitting from FAT client or Web. Have you deployed the package to both server and client ?

Thanks,
I know it is difficult for you to know all aspect.

Yes im deploying to both client and server. During deploymnet process i always choose client and server,

Note, when i run the UBE from fat client and look the submitted job in web client it shows the correct APBATCH.
but when i run from web client it SHOWS THE QBATCH.

Thanks
AD

So the JAS specs for the version still has the old queue in it. You need to perform an egen for this UBE version and then boounce / clear specs for the web instance.

thanks. I think here is the issue, my other person did change on the pathcode on the enter service and i believe that causing the problem. It happens when i finally try to deploy the pacakage and pdf give me the attach error. See screen sot below.

Do you know how to correct path in the ent server?

Thanks
AD

Attachments

• 183163-pathcode.PNG
    183163-pathcode.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 33
Back