Function to choose a folder dynamically in web client

MPDev

MPDev

Hi folks!

Does anyone know of a function or way to actually call a browser that allows the user to choose a folder (windows) dynamically within an App, but that works on Web?
B98826B works locally and on html, but it's client only... it fails on web.

What I need is something similar to that, not functions that require a file to be selected. The need is for path only.

Thank you!

===================================
EnterpriseOne E910 - TR 9.1.5.3 - Oracle 11g - Windows

Hi folks!

Does anyone know of a function or way to actually call a browser that allows the user to choose a folder (windows) dynamically within an App, but that works on Web?
B98826B works locally and on html, but it's client only... it fails on web.

What I need is something similar to that, not functions that require a file to be selected. The need is for path only.

Thank you!

===================================
EnterpriseOne E910 - TR 9.1.5.3 - Oracle 11g - Windows

like C:\some\path\to\text.txt?

Hi :)

Like an actual browser, the way it works when you go to OMW and design a WebService object and have to define the JDeveloper path, for example.
That is B98826B. But it only works on client. Not web. I'm going for the same functionality on web client.

Please check attached picture.

Thanks!

Attachments

• JDEBrowser.jpg
    JDEBrowser.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 14
Hi :)

Like an actual browser, the way it works when you go to OMW and design a WebService object and have to define the JDeveloper path, for example.
That is B98826B. But it only works on client. Not web. I'm going for the same functionality on web client.

Please check attached picture.

Thanks!

Are they selecting a server path or a local path?

What good is the path to a web client?

see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...d-file-on-change-of-input-type-file-using-jav

Looks like it's a limit to the browser for security reasons

They will select from local or network path.
The point is to have the user choose a destination folder to where the application will export information from attached media objects (images, not text) in bulk (not having to select each row and export from within media objects interface).
I can define a destination folder on processing options or an edit box, however I want them to be able to browse and choose from existing folders, accessing network or local drive.

The Media Objects interface actually does that, but its not a regular form, I can't find the code for that.

i dont think it works that way in browser normally you need to have a local agent/add On which will help to download or copy from main server. This would be more on web scripting rather then E1. But it could lead to security threat as you need to open the media location or server in order to download to local/network drive.

Thanks for your replies!

That's frustrating, especially after seeing it work so well on the local html client. :)
I guess I'll have to let the users type a destination folder and validate it afterwards for now.

Thanks!

You could try creating a UDC having relevant paths, and attach it to a DD Item, which can be used in PO. Thereby having a validated list. If its only Media object, probably, MOQUE list will be easier.

Thanks for your reply Deepesh.

Unfortunately that would defeat the purpose of having the user choose a destination freely. They will read from Media Objects (which I can get from F00165), but export to, well anywhere.
For now, I added an edit control, where they can type or copy/paste the path and I'm validating it using the flat file BSFNs available.

Thanks!

Back