Full package and CALL STRJOURNAL (?, ?, ?)

Néstor Moreno

Hi guys
I need some help

My English is not very good, but try to explain the problem

Platform
Current - OneWorld Xe + Service Pack SP23_U1
New - EnterpriseOne 9.0 + Tools Release 8.98.1.3 (Deployment - 8.98.1.3.1), Planner Update JL11840.
Enterprise Server: OS400 - V5R4M0 (Both releases on the same machine)

I installed JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 in upgrade mode to migrate from OneWorld Xe to 9.0. I did the conversion of Pristine environment as a mandatory part of the upgrade process. In the Package Workbench Workbench I receive an error with the specs of the full package (PS900FA) of Pristine. When searching in Metalink, I found a document that said the error was due to corruption of the specs and should build a new full package. In trying to build that package, ending in error for Central Objects, generating in JDE.LOG an error related to the iSeries Journal "ODB0000066 - Unable to prepare statement: CALL STRJOURNAL (?, ?, ?)"

This is what I've done
*.- I did Reclaim Storage (RCLSTG *DBXREF) an full (RCLSTG ESTIMATE(*YES))

*.- I recorded all the tables of the Central Object, versions, system, server map, data dictionary and object librarian of 9.0 and try to build the package without any success.

*.- I noticed that when I run the command INSTALLSP “INSTALLSP SPNAME(STRJOURNAL) LIB(OWJRNL) JRNRCV(OW_JRNL000) JRNRCVLIB(OWJRNL)”, I got the following error:
INSTALLSP SPNAME STRJOURNAL)
STRJOURNAL en OWJRNL de tipo *N no encontrado.
Error de correlación de datos en el miembro SYSRO00001.
Error del sistema SQL.
ERROR: SQLExecDirect: CREATE PROCEDURE OWJRNL.STRJOURNAL ( IN TABLE
CHAR(40), IN LIBRARY CHAR(10), INOUT RETURNCODE CHAR(255) ) LANGUAGE C
MODIFIES SQL DATA GENERAL WITH NULLS EXTERNAL NAME OWJRNL.STRJOURNAL.
The installation failed. Check the previous messages.

*.- I installed the latest PTF's to the operating system, database, communication protocols, etc.. Just as the last APARs for JDEdwards 9.0

*.- I recreate the OWJRNL database data source and the ODBC pointing to the corresponding OWJRNL library.

Hi Nestor,

If my memory is not failing, you'll have to create the corresponding journal receivers and files on the library
you set on your JDE.INI

Go to Metalink3 site or whatever its new name is, and
then search for OWJRNL.

I had similar errors but in OMW (instead of package
bulding), applied the solution you posted and also had
to journalize the OMW tables (F982**)

In your case, you may probably have to journalize
Package Tables (F960*, F962*)

Hi Sebastián
Thank you

I had created the receiver in the journal library (OWJRNL) and is working perfectly with the tables of xe. The problem occurs when package build call the strjournal (CALL STRJOURNAL).

Manually register the tables F962 *, F960 * in the journal and the problem persists

I unsuccessfully applied all the recommendations of the documents found on metalink, including “E1: UPG: iSeries OWJRNL Recommendations for Upgrades (Doc ID 648262.1)”.

This is the configuration on iSeries JDE.INI
Default Journal=OW_JRNL
Default Journal LIBRARY=OWJRNL
Default Journal Receiver=OW_JRNL000
Default Journal Receiver LIBRARY=OWJRNL

These are some errors in the JDE.LOG
380/2336 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue Sep 08 14:14:56.078000 Jdbodbc.c7524
ODB0000066 - Unable to prepare statement: CALL STRJOURNAL (?, ?, ?).

380/2336 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue Sep 08 14:14:56.078001 Jdbodbc.c8352
ODB0000163 - wSQLExecute failure. rc=-1

380/2336 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue Sep 08 14:14:56.078002 Jdbodbc.c8352
ODB0000164 - STMT:00 [HY000][-7008] [IBM][Controlador ODBC de iSeries Access][DB2 UDB]SQL7008 - F987700001 de COPS900 no válido para la operación.

Hi Nestor,

STRJOURNAL *PGM E812SYS CLE /E812SYS/strjournal

This is where STRJOURNAL is located for 8.12. You said you are migrating t o 9.0, make sure your 9.0 SYS library is part of your 9.0 Library list.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of N=E9stor Moreno
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 3:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Full package and CALL STRJOURNAL (?, ?, ?)

Hi Sebasti=E1n
Thank you

I had created the receiver in the journal library (OWJRNL) and is working p erfectly with the tables of xe. The problem occurs when package build call the strjournal (CALL STRJOURNAL).

Manually register the tables F962 *, F960 * in the journal and the problem persists

I unsuccessfully applied all the recommendations of the documents found on metalink, including "E1: UPG: iSeries OWJRNL Recommendations for Upgrades ( Doc ID 648262.1)".

This is the configuration on iSeries JDE.INI
Default Journal=3DOW_JRNL
Default Journal LIBRARY=3DOWJRNL
Default Journal Receiver=3DOW_JRNL000
Default Journal Receiver LIBRARY=3DOWJRNL

These are some errors in the JDE.LOG
380/2336 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue Sep 08 14:14:56.078000 Jdbodbc.c752 4
ODB0000066 - Unable to prepare statement: CALL STRJOURNAL (?, ?, ?).

380/2336 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue Sep 08 14:14:56.078001 Jdbodbc.c835 2
ODB0000163 - wSQLExecute failure. rc=3D-1

380/2336 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue Sep 08 14:14:56.078002 Jdbodbc.c835 2
ODB0000164 - STMT:00 [HY000][-7008] [IBM][Controlador ODBC de iSeries Acces s][DB2 UDB]SQL7008 - F987700001 de COPS900 no v=E1lido para la operaci=F3n.

N=E9stor Moreno

Néstor,

Couple things to check.

You mention you recreated the ODBC for the OWJRNL. Did you do this in E1 or via ODBC administrator? Can you check and see if the JDBNET flag on the ODBC is equal to “N”. Can you check and make sure the ODBC is defined in both the planner and system.

If everything looks good there how about “bouncing” the DS, restarting E1 services on the ES, deleting the *SQLPKG’s, resetting the detail status for the package workbench only back to 30 and try running your custom installation plan for Pristine again.

Michael

Hi Allison

I have both library OWJRNL and E900SYS in my library list and all the necessary files on each of these libraries.

Hi Michael

I recreated the ODBC for the OWJRNL through E1. I have erased the SQLPKG including database and the error continues.

the JDBNET flag on the ODBC is equal to “N” or unmarked.

Néstor. I could be wrong but I’m not entirely convinced the error on the journal is the reason your package is failing.

Below is some food for thought that you may or may not want to try.

I’m assuming you completed the SI’s for the planner ESU for PS900!!
Can you build an update package?
Are you getting the R9621 w/ errors or is the client build not completing at all?
I can see you have applied the HOTFIX (898131) on the DS.
Are you building from the DS or a FAT client? If from the DS, can you try installing the FA package on a FAT client, apply the HOTFIX, sign into PS900, use a unique package name and try again?
If that doesn’t work, can you upgrade (maybe downgrade) the CAE level on the build machine and try again?

Michael

Back