Freight - Accounts Payable AP Automation

torontogk

I am looking for a freight AP automation tool.

We have implemented an AP automation tool for PO and non PO invoices (connected to F0411, F4310 etc).
Freight accruals aren't the same as POs with goods receipts, and has to be cleared differently (through F4981).

Our current AP automation tool supplier says they can customize to work with automating freight payables, but they don't have any references, so probably haven't done it before.

Is anyone using a tool that automates freight matching to accruals to clear and pay freight invoices?
Is anyone using an AP automation tool that has been compatible with paying freight invoices and clearing accruals?
Any response is appreciated to help with my search.

Thanks in advance,
Gordon

I am looking for a freight AP automation tool.

We have implemented an AP automation tool for PO and non PO invoices (connected to F0411, F4310 etc).
Freight accruals aren't the same as POs with goods receipts, and has to be cleared differently (through F4981).

Our current AP automation tool supplier says they can customize to work with automating freight payables, but they don't have any references, so probably haven't done it before.

Is anyone using a tool that automates freight matching to accruals to clear and pay freight invoices?
Is anyone using an AP automation tool that has been compatible with paying freight invoices and clearing accruals?
Any response is appreciated to help with my search.

Thanks in advance,
Gordon
You might try catechnology.com. I think they used to have a freight invoice payment add-on.

I am curious who your current AP automation vendor is and if you are happy with them as we are looking for AP automation tools.

I'm not familiar with system 49. Are your freight accruals for inbound freight or outbound freight? We have a custom system to accrue for outbound freight. During sales order entry, a freight accrual is added to a sales order tag table. At ship confirm, we use that data to automatically generate and receive a PO. With the PO in place, we can use our existing AP process for audit and payment.

Thanks, I'll check out catechnology.

We are using Esker, I'm pretty happy with it, invoices routed through an inbound email, OCR captures the attachment, matches to PO and goods receipt, workflow approvals for variances. Freight accruals is not like a PO, so can't do the goods receipt and can't clear the accrual. We have 3,2 and 1 way match setup.

P4981 I believe is the out of the box freight module (Freight update/Freight to match/transportation accounting). We have zones and lanes setup with default and preferred carriers, with freight rates... so 32 pallets shipping ltl will accrue 32 pallets of accrual, on FTL it will accrue the ftl rate. When we receive the invoice, (based on SO, mbol, shipment number), clear the accrual through AP Freight to Match and expense the variance.

Back